What is Per Diem Nursing?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Per Diem Nursing
  3. » What is Per Diem Nursing?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 09:50 pm
What is Per Diem Nursing?
I know you guys are going to crack up laughing at this question. I'm getting older and so are my kids. I am looking for different nursing opportunities besides the same old job, which I grow to hate, after time passes.

What is Per Diem Nursing? What are the advantages and disadvantages? I want change desparately!!!

Thanks for putting up with such a stupid question.....

FriendlyRN

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 12:45 pm
I feel your pain! Per diem work has been a nice alternative for me. Instead of worknig for 1 hospital, you can pick up per diem work in a few hospitals close to your home.

You go through an agency, and they set the shift up for you. You just tell them when you are available to work. It works for me because it is so flexible, I can pick up a shift whenever I have some free time.

Wildflower63 1

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 05:37 am
Thank you so much for answering my question. I have a feeling that this is different than agency nursing. Are the jobs something you pick up through a travel nursing agency that is in your area?

bonniegreene

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 06:48 pm
the basics on per diem
Is this type of nsg available through travel agencies or some other agency - how do you access them?

goodnurse

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 01:57 pm
per diem
I use Access Nurses when I want to pick up a per diem shift.

Rita 1

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 05:51 pm
per diem nursing
I am also looking for per diem nursing. What kind of $ as an RN 5 years exp. should I expect to get. Experience is primarily in nuring in CT.

Cape RN

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 02:13 pm
could make $60-65 an hour

drusillaer

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 07:20 pm
Per Diem
Depends on where you are. Midwest pays less. I have worked through Intelistaf per diem. They are nationwide and have some benefits. I have also worked throught TruStaff.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Per Diem Nursing
  3. » What is Per Diem Nursing?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 07:41:10