Is per-diem stressfull?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Per Diem Nursing
  3. » Is per-diem stressfull?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

km 1

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 04:44 pm
Is per-diem stressfull?
I guess I like to know where I will be working in a few days and my personality isn't suited for the freestyling per-diem lifestyle, but is it as crazy as I think it is?

Maxine 1

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 11:22 pm
I think the flexibility would be interesting.

victoria 1

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 06:12 am
PER DIEM NURSING
Hello.
I am really intrested in this type of nursing; but yet to know the flexibility involve in it.[/b]

ssebree970

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 04:18 pm
PER DIEM NURSING
I have done pretty much all kinds of nursing and I really didn't enjoy perdiem nursing. It was through a home health agency, though, and I really don't think that it was for me. Maybe a little TOO much flexibility. That and I never knew what I was going to find when I saw the patients - or who treated them the day before. there are nurses who just show up and really don't DO anything!!![/list][/code]

Shona

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 10:29 pm
Per Diem Nursing
I am primarily experienced in ICU, CCU and ER Nursing, but am very flexible as far as areas that I will work in. If you are open minded, and don't mind the occasional cancellation, then per diem nursing is by far the way to go. I enjoy the flexibility and the challenge of being in new situations. It seems to me that agencies are now paying so much more than the hospitals are for per diem staff. Several agencies in the Houston, Tx market even offer health insurance and 401k for their per diem staff working 36 hrs a week. (these are national companies) At this point, I can't imagine working on staff at any of these facilities because of the much lower pay, and unavoidable politics. As a matter of fact, I was a pharmaceutical sales rep who returned to nursing (corporate layoff. ICK) and am making more money now than I was as a rep, not as much stress, either! I am truly amazed Smile[/b]

Beckybee1

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 12:30 pm
I have never worked per diem, but as a full-timer, 12hr, dayshift, in acute care for many years, I have observed (in some hospitals more than others) a trend to dump the least desirable pts, or those requiring a higher acuity level to the per diem nurse, very unfair of course.

EFROME

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 10:23 pm
Re: Per Diem Nursing
To Shona ("I am primarily experienced in ICU, CCU and ER ")

Can you tell me which Agencies you have worked for in Houston? I am currently working there and would like to do some per diem work.

Thanks for your help.

EFROME

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Per Diem Nursing
  3. » Is per-diem stressfull?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 11:22:39