considering travel

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » considering travel

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 10:02 am
considering travel
Hello all! I'm new to this forum and have found it very helpful so far. I have 20+ yrs OR experience with first ten as CST. I have been thinking of travel nursing for a few years and think i may be ready to make the leap. I don't want to put my name out there and get swamped by recruiters (been there...done that!) Shocked Any suggestions/links etc..on where to start the process? I plan to embark on this new adventure in 01/11. Figure its time to start plannin. Txs in advance!

stormyweathers2010

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 10:51 am
Hi! I've been traveling for 5 years. I'm actually looking for an agency too. In the past I've worked with agencies that are pretty good with being straight forward with you. They don't pull you along for weeks with the HOPE of finding you work. If they know they got something, theyll try and get you an interview the same day you call!

Definitely research "questions to ask a nurse recruiter" it helps!

Also, try Nurses In Partnership. I've always had success with them.

nursefinderR1

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 12:23 pm
I don't know if you guys are still looking, but I would be happy to talk to you about what my company offers and answer any questions you may have.

nursing forward

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 02:41 pm
@jenfletch5309,
Hello,
Well you picked good time to consider travel nursing. Have been traveling the past few years and we are slowly getting back to normal. The first I thing you should do is pick 3 places you want to travel to. The reason I ask is because certain Nursing Travel companies are stronger in certain parts of the country. I then can make recommendations or even contacts for you.

thanks
carl

kathey

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 02:06 pm
I am currently on contract with American Mobile Nursing in Texas. If you are looking at an assignment with this company please reconsider. I was warned by a few other nurses who said that AMN is terrible in their method of paying. It is very difficult to recieve an accurate pay check. After almost completing a contract I have yet to recieve a correct and accurate check. Each time their are excuses and explainations and I have yet to receive the pay promised. My hourly rate is 20.03 plus call pay. Housing and per-diem pay were to be paid directly to me as I provide my own housing....haaaha! Jokes on me! I rarely recieve pay for my hours yet alone the "un-taxed" monies. I am told it is being evaluated and this one or that one has to approve before I can be paid.Tell that to my creditors!(lol) Well six weeks down the road, approaching the end of my contract and I am still not paid....don't think I will ever see the money owed to me...Should have listened to my fellow travelers! Broke and unpaid in Texas!

RN15

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 01:08 pm
@kathey,
[Re: Housing and per-diem pay were to be paid directly to me as I provide my own housing....haaaha! Jokes on me! I rarely recieve pay for my hours yet alone the "un-taxed" monies. ]

Wow. That's messed up and to think I'm going to be using this company for my first assignment in a long time. Do you mean you haven't gotten a subs. payment for declining the apartment???

OBRNC

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 07:29 am
@RN15,
I know your post was 9 months ago but I am floored by your response. I was about to seriously pursue a career w/ AMN because I want travel w/ my husband. Did you ever get paid? Did you find a better company?

jcalicoat

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 05:33 pm
Hello,
If any of you are interested in travel and work in the cardiac cath lab as a RN feel free to contact me. My company specializes in cath lab for travel/contract RN. I am very proud to work for my company! Please feel free to contact me!

Thanks
Jcalicoat

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » considering travel
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 12:31:59