fired

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2010 07:48 pm
fired
Fired after 3 wks. Was a personality conflict from day 1. Told my agent. She encouraged me to smile and turn the attitudes around. My agent was told I was slow to get with the program and was found sleeping for 4hrs. On DAYSHIFT?????This sounds like slander to me.

Bridget L

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2011 01:09 am
Travel nurses have no recourse when a hospital wants to get rid of the. It is shameful the way these travel nurses are treated.

jnjrod

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2011 12:30 pm
I so agree, the hospital I am @ 75% of the staff are travelers and we always get the work while their own staff stands around. I have only had a contract terminated by a facility 1x. and it was because a first yr resident was trying to get someone after his 3rd yr ripped him apart. since I was the nurse it was me even though I had 4 witnesses to the report he denies ever getting. I was vindicated by other travelers and the staff and he learned the hard way.

boarderlass

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 12:22 am
@Bridget L,
Is that even possible? Im lucky to get a 20 minute break in 12 hours . If Im missing for 5 minutes someone is hounding me. Id dispute that to the end!

boarderlass

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 12:35 am
Travelling nurses are bad ass! In that you get one day of orientation, and no one is holding your hand. I have been a nurse for 25 years worked in 4 continents.
Travelled lots, also been staff. Travelling nurses are smart, confident and efficient as hell. Often can run circles over the permanent staff. They know that. Sometimes travellers are dealing with old school nurses who havent budged an inch in decades. Travellers are way more up to date in everything thats going on. That can be intimidating to the nurses who are entrenched in their ways. All I can say is be confident, stick to your guns. dont let anyone bully you. Travelers Kick Ass!

RN15

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 10:46 am
@boarderlass,
Wow! So true and thanks for the horrah. I'll be starting my first assisgnment next month (Sept) after a long hiatus from the industry. I remember what it was like and as from what you stated... it (treatment of travelers by Boomers) haven't changed. All I want is an opportunity to work and be free of workplace politics while making some fast money. Once the assisgnment if done, I'm out of there if I don't like it.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 10:42:04