Travel Nursing in Texas... Any Suggestions?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Travel Nursing in Texas... Any Suggestions?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 11:58 am
Travel Nursing in Texas... Any Suggestions?
Hi fellow travelers,

So I just arrived in Texas a few days ago and wanted to get some feedback to to see if anyone had any thoughts about the facilities and activities to do around the city? I'm traveling with Aya Healthcare and have worked in California for the past few months in San Diego so I must say I've been a bit spoiled with the beach scene. San Antonio though seems like a very pretty city thus far.

Let me know if you have any thoughts on travel nursing in Texas..... Appreciate the help!

healthtraveler28

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2010 11:47 am
howdy
hey moviegal....

Yes love love San Antonio. What a great spot you've chosen. I really had no idea that San Antonio, Texas could be sucha great city. I think the layout of the city is really beautiful and there are tons of great eats and activities to visit along the River Walk.

For those travel nurses that have never been there is a river the wraps along the city... Great farmer's market on Saturday morning on North River Walk on the plaza. If family comes into town have dinner on one of those river cruisers. San Antonio museum of art is a great place to spend a say off and I think the city does a great job of displaying art along the riverfront.

I used yelp.com to find out about restaurants.... Texas Hill country is great for hiking and outdoorsy stuff. best of luck and safe travels in Texas!

kmarshall

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2010 01:16 pm
Hey so I'm actually thinking of also going to San Antonio too..... Please let me know how you are liking the staff and facilities over there. Where exactly are you working? Also I'm thinking of traveling with Aya Healthcare or AMN..... hmmm I've heard mixed reviews about the insurance plans at Aya Healthcare but all seems good now since they have Blue Shield so that allieviates my concerns there... AMN seems to have a lot of jobs, but they seem a bit stiff..not really as flexible in tailoring me with what i'm lookin for-probably because they are so big.

Love to hear some feedback moviegal. thanks and let me know.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Travel Nursing in Texas... Any Suggestions?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 07/27/2024 at 07:08:24