Travel assignments while living on a sailboat

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Travel assignments while living on a sailboat

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 07:36 am
Travel assignments while living on a sailboat
I am looking for information about travel assignments. I am an RN currently working in a stress lab performing stress testing. My previous experience in a emergency depatment for 7 years. My husband and I have our house on the market and are planning to live and travel aboard our sailboat.
I would like to continue my nursing career while traveling but would like to only work a couple assignments per year for example 3 months on 3 months off. Is this possible? I hope to get back into the ED perdiem to brush up on my skills prior to setting off.

Beth1315

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 06:36 pm
Travel nursing while living onboard a sailboat
Hi!
I just wanted to respond to your post because I'm "in the same boat", so to speak. My hubbie and I also are planning on living on a sailboat for part of the year and working as a travel nurse the other months. Fun, huh? I'm an operating room nurse and am hoping to get a couple of assignments as a traveler before we set our sailing.

Best of luck to you and maybe we'll meet each other someday on boats, huh? Where are ya'll planning to sail?

'bye for now, Smile
Beth

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Travel assignments while living on a sailboat
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 01:34:36