costs of RV and RV parks

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » costs of RV and RV parks

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 03:16 pm
costs of RV and RV parks
I was wondering if anyone has tried the RV lifestyle and how much do RV parks run? What would an RV cost me? Just trying to figure out all my options. I'm going traveling with my 10yr old and my mom's offered to come along to help me 4 a year.

trinarn

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 09:18 am
Considered RV'ing
Yes, my husband and I have considered RV'ing with travel nursing. The cost of an RV is quite significant ($100,000), but right now is the time to buy because of the recent fluctuation in gas prices and the economy a lot of people are selling them. Your camping cost per night is about $30. Also, insurance is about 2% of the cost of the RV per year. Depending on the state you purchase your RV in you will have to pay sales tax and the RV depreciates rapidly, hence, it is just like most new cars. In summary we figured it would cost us about $2,500 per month to live in an RV (this price includes everything we mentioned above plus fuel).

Some websites: RVT.com (RV listings)
Goodsam.com (campsites and general info)

Good luck,
Trina

rntraveler7

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 12:34 pm
My husband & I have been traveling for 7 years now. We are full timers. We love our life style. We live full time in a 36 foot 5th wheel. We no longer have a home, but do rent a duplex to store what little we have left and that also gives us a legal home base for tax free subsidy. We pay anywhere from 340 a month to 994 a month for rv space. Some parks include elec and some you pay elec on top of the rent. We paid 81,000 for our 5th wheel and just bought a new truck to pull it with, which was another 35,000. We enjoy visiting the sights around the area where I am working. My husband is retired and he stays busy taking care of the 5th wheel, truck and our 2 dogs. let me know if you have further questions. Good luck and happy traveling if youi decide to hit the road.
Dian

Nurseexec

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 03:18 pm
RVing
I have been RVing to new assignments for two years now and love it. It allows me to take my own dishes (ok, china) and all of my own personal belongings without the hassel of constantly packing and unpacking and choosing what to leave behind. I own a 5th wheel with 4 pulls outs with a fireplace and everything. I use my relocation monies to have someone else pull it, set it up and I am ready to go. My dish is in the basement and it is set up in no time by the dish folks. I have an office, living room/dining room combo, great kitchen and a fab bedroom with cedar lined closets. My dogs and I coulldn't ask for more. And when hubby comes to visit, it's our own romantic getaway. Rolling Eyes

GiglsAU1

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 08:37 pm
RV's
I am an RVer and I own a 36 foot Motorhome that has all the ammenities...I bought it used...It even has a Washer and Dryer...It is an older one but it is in great condition....I paid 7500.00 for it...My suggestion would be to look for a used one especially with the economy because people are selling off their toys in order to pay the bills...My bestfriend and her husband used to do travel nursing and I helped them pick out their camper...They had a 36 foot travel trailor and it had everything...We picked out a duly truck....MH and TT w/a truck to pull them are fairly expensive but in the long run you win...Most parks have a monthly rate that if there is a spot open you can get and there is usually KOA's everywhere and if you are a KOA card holder you get a discount...
Good luck and enjoy... Very Happy

rntraveler

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 09:07 pm
RV ...
Nurseexec, would you mind sharing who you use to pull your RV... this is something I have considered but don't want to pull or drive one.. thanks

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » costs of RV and RV parks
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 11:00:20