Hello all

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Hello all

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 09:39 am
Hello all
Im new to this travel nursing thing and am planning on going on my first assignment in august. I am planning on getting a 3 bdrm apartment unfurnished. wondering if anyone else has traveled with family and what would it cost to rent furniture. Really beds are the only problem as I just plan on checking out craigslist for the rest when I get wherever it is I wind up Smile Also anyone haul all their stuff in a uhaul across country? what does that sorta thing cost? Any advice would be helpful. thanks a lot!

shirleyday

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2009 11:33 am
new assignment
Hello! Congrats on the new assignment. The place you've secured sounds great. Currently, I am a traveler with Access Nurses and I've done both a housing stipend where I set up my own housing off of Craigslist and also had the company take care of it. I'm not sure about the U-Haul costs because I usually load up my Rav4 and just call it a day, but I assume it shouldn't be too costly (with the exception of gas!). I usually get my furniture off of Craigslist and then resell/donate it at the end of assignment. I do however you suggest that you are smart for what lease terms you sign for. Its best if you can get a place on a month-to-month lease. That way if something happens you won't be stuck! good luck on your travel nursing assignment.

catherinewoolsey

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 03:13 pm
I too am in the same boat, about to arrive in another country for my new nursing job and I am seeking somewhere to live. I like the advice for the month to month lease however it seems they are very rare. Good luck anyway hope you manage to solve your problem.

rntraveler

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 08:16 pm
Most places I have been to are more than willing to rent month to month after the initial 13 wks is over...

jb99

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 09:02 pm
rntraveler wrote:
Most places I have been to are more than willing to rent month to month after the initial 13 wks is over...

Are these apartment complexes you are speaking of?

rntraveler

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 08:24 am
Yes, these were either apt complex's or condo's... Once I had become established with them it wasn't a problem to stay longer..

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Hello all
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 07:31:59