The PDBS Test...

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » The PDBS Test...

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 02:11 pm
The PDBS Test...
Hello all, can anyone tell me about the test required by some hospitals I beleieve it is the PDBS test.Lots of video vingettes.... I have heard it is quite tough.Would appreciate the input as I am going into traveling in about 8 months.

nursenikkki

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 05:28 pm
They are making you take this? Wow...I have taken it once, but only after 13wks training with a permanent job. It also wasn't required for me to pass it. But like I said, this was with a permanent job, not a traveling one. It isn't tough if you know what your doing (ie, new grad) Good luck to you!

whoofers

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 09:16 am
Which version are you taking? Ex: traveler med-surg, traveler critical care, staff med-surg...

Have taken it as both staff and as a traveler, each one is a bit different.

nursenikkki

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 05:52 pm
O, well I took the NICU one as a permanent worker a few years back. I haven't ever been required to take one as a traveler!

Shazam52

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 07:49 pm
The PBDS test
Thanks all for your replies, I appreciate the feedback. Due to the recent economy, I have axed travel nursing form my future plan.Hospitals are cutting contracts and I, like all of us, cannot afford to be sitting somewhere waiting to work! There are plenty of options out there as far as hiring on full time somewhere.Yes, less money,but I have two places in mind and have already heard from one facility.I am not happy here in Hashville so the options I am looking at are pretty darn good!

whoofers

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 08:31 pm
Re: The PBDS test
Shazam52 wrote:
Thanks all for your replies, I appreciate the feedback. Due to the recent economy, I have axed travel nursing form my future plan.Hospitals are cutting contracts and I, like all of us, cannot afford to be sitting somewhere waiting to work! There are plenty of options out there as far as hiring on full time somewhere.Yes, less money,but I have two places in mind and have already heard from one facility.I am not happy here in Hashville so the options I am looking at are pretty darn good!

Sounds like a very wise decision with the current state of the economy. Good Luck to you.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » The PDBS Test...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:27:42