American Traveler

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » American Traveler

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 07:36 pm
American Traveler
I am telling you all do not use American traveler. I have been at an assignment in Tacoma and after nine weeks told me that the company had canceled my contract. What made me angry was that they waited for the holidays to be over before canceling me. If I had been such a problem, why did they wait for 9 weeks to cancel me? Being all the way across the country from my home, it would be a 3000 mile journey home. I had moved all the way from Baltimore to Tacoma. They told me I needed to be out in 24 hours. With the massive floods in Washington which closed down the interstates coming and going out of Washington, I pleaded with them to let me stay a few days and they told me this was not their problem. I still don't know really why I was fired but at this point it is irrelevant. What seems strange is that I had referred a friend to the agency and she was fired under similar circumstances. The last irritating problem was that I had put in all the paperwork seven weeks prior to departure. They ended up calling me while I was on my way to tell me they had overlooked some important information. Seven weeks and they couldn't get their act together? In addition, they turned out to be under bidder for the contract and ended up paying less than my original company which I transferred back to post this fiasco. In addition, My former travel company was offering a bonus. Let me tell you, I am now fighting to get a job and face the potential of having to drive all 3000 miles back home. In addition, they decided to send my check home rather then direct deposit it. It goes on and on and I am sorry for gabbing on but I am extremely upset with this company. To all the people at American traveler, I thank you for making my life difficult.

klogan1019

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 12:42 am
The same thing happened to me in Denver. I will never use Unamerican Traveler again.
BUT, I did learn this. If they supplied your housing it is under contract for a set amount of time. they may want you out, to prevent vandalism from unhappy former employees. But, the apartment will remain furnished and uninhabited for the rest of the contract. You could probably stay a few more days and pack up in a less rushed amount of time.

HAs this happened to anyone else?
Has anyone had anyone come and personnaly evict them?

RNSC

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 02:48 pm
I'm curious, doesn't the contract protect you from cancellations? After all, it is a contract for x hours * y weeks and housing for y+1 or so weeks. What is a contract for if it doesn't have these things?

Cdeve001

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 06:11 am
STAY AWAY FROM AMERICAN TRAVELER
I have been traveling for about 4 years and have been mostly with AMN company affiliates. So I decided to switch, to see if there was a better company; switched to American Traveler because the recruiter promised me that I would be taking home more money with their tax advantage pay. Needless to say, it has been HELL. The stipend they gave for SAN FRANCISCO IS $1700/MONTH. And I had to fax them copies of the contract of the other travelers on my unit to prove that $1700 was not enough to live on in the BAY AREA. So after a 6 weeks of me calling my recuiter EVERY SINGLE DAY, I finally got my stipend up to $2200. Of couse, I am halfway thru this assignment! This has been the WORST experience I have ever had with my traveling career. I WOULD NEVER wish for my WORST ENEMY to be signed on to AMERICAN TRAVELER. If anyone had any questions regarding my experience with American Traveler email me @ [email protected].

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » American Traveler
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 03:21:38