Cross Country Travcorps

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Cross Country Travcorps

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

brig322

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 07:14 pm
Cross Country Travcorps
Is anyone familiar with Cross Country Travcorps. I work with a traveler now who uses them after a using a few other agencies and is very very happy with them. Just wondering if its just her or others have had good experience with them. Any responses appreciated

peachy13rn

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 07:32 pm
NOt sure...I've been talking to them about an assignment but haven't signed on yet. I'll give them an "A+" for persistence though Very Happy

indigoRN

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 11:26 am
CCTC
I've worked with them and the experience was fine. I didn't encounter any real problems while on assignment. The insurance is the standard open access through Great west. They don't negotiate travel stipends. They have a new tax advantage program where you receive a portion of your hourly pay tax free.

sbauers1

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 06:23 pm
Dont do it
I took my first assignment ever with them on the other side of the country ( I am from Louisiana and took an assignment in California). I packed up all my staff and moved into my new apartment in San Diego. Three days before my first day, my recruiter called me and said that my contract had been cancelled. They didn't have anything to say about it. They just said "you no longer have a job". They didn't do anything for me. So of course I switched companies and never looked back at them since. I have worked w/ Emerald and American Mobile and have liked them both.

trent1a1

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 07:34 pm
American Traveler
I am telling you all do not use American traveler. I have been at an assignment in Tacoma and after nine weeks told me that the company had canceled my contract. What made me angry was that they waited for the holidays to be over before canceling me. If I had been such a problem, why did they wait for 9 weeks to cancel me? Being all the way across the country from my home, it would be a 3000 mile journey home. I had moved all the way from Baltimore to Tacoma. They told me I needed to be out in 24 hours. With the massive floods in Washington which closed down the interstates coming and going out of Washington, I pleaded with them to let me stay a few days and they told me this was not their problem. I still don't know really why I was fired but at this point it is irrelevant. What seems strange is that I had referred a friend to the agency and she was fired under similar circumstances. The last irritating problem was that I had put in all the paperwork seven weeks prior to departure. They ended up calling me while I was on my way to tell me they had overlooked some important information. Seven weeks and they couldn't get their act together? In addition, they turned out to be under bidder for the contract and ended up paying less than my original company which I transferred back to post this fiasco. In addition, My former travel company was offering a bonus. Let me tell you, I am now fighting to get a job and face the potential of having to drive all 3000 miles back home. In addition, they decided to send my check home rather then direct deposit it. It goes on and on and I am sorry for gabbing on but I am extremely upset with this company. To all the people at American traveler, I thank you for making my life difficult.

81nurse

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 10:17 pm
I am on my second assignment with Cross Country. I am both satisfied and unsatisfied. My recruiter usually promptly responds to me and we have a decent relationship. However.... when I moved across the country to work in San Diego, they had switched over to their tax advantage program and failed to explain it to me. What does this mean for me? It means that I am making a lot less money than what I was quoted. The tax advantage program is beneficial to those who pay taxes on a home elsewhere, however for those of us who are honest and are nomads, it means less money. I am making about $8 less an hour than what I expected to make. I am also a little dissapointed to find out that my coworkers who are travelers are making a lot more than I. Next assignment I will be shopping around..or hoping that CCTC will at least try to compete or they will most definitely lose me! Hopefully nobody else has had this problem!

RNSC

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 02:30 am
I've been told by two CPA firms that they expect the "merde to hit zee fan" on these "tax-advantage" programs that pay a taxable wage less than the going rate, as these are tax-evasion schemes. The companies save money because they don't pay as much in payroll taxes, the nurse is liable for the unpaid taxes, and your retirement (and overtime) are based on your taxable wages.

The bottom line: The company is not doing this for your benefit, if they offer it then question their integrity and if you agree then question yours.

But otherwise, why are you getting less than you expected? Wasn't that spelled out in your contract?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Cross Country Travcorps
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:35:49