reference letters

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » reference letters

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 10:23 am
reference letters
It is wise to get management or the director to write a letter of reference prior to leaving a job. Future jobs may request them. It is difficult to scramble trying to get letters from past employers. On occasion I have have to type them myself and take/mail them to them to be signed.

TeleNurseboy

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 08:08 pm
most will just call the HR and verify employment
never had one never ran into a problem not having one.

klogan1019

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 12:22 pm
That is what my current job did. I was just not able to get the reference from them myself. I also got former coworkers, charge or mamagers to write for me. California seems to be the toughest to get a personal reference.

Bossy1

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 08:34 pm
it is becoming very difficult. I have 2 "verfication of employment" letters from two different hospitals that state "no further information will be given" and managers are instructed not to write letters of reference. Managers have also been instructed to forward all calls for references to HR, who then tells the caller that no further information will be given.

I have decided to get all info before leaving the facility because it is getting harder and harder.

here's the kicker, the same hospital that refused to provide references will demand references for potential employees!

peachy13rn

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 04:21 pm
Letters of Reference
Same problem here....I've been told by 2 managers that they are not allowed to write reference letters...which is total bullshit. I also try to get letters from Charge nurses and MDs. If you hit it off with a charge nurse or a particular doctor, get one way before you leave.....keep multiple copies, etc. It's terrible in this day and age that an employer will JUMP to give you a bad reference but not a good one.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » reference letters
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:41:52