traveling with family

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » traveling with family

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

leern99

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 07:47 am
traveling with family
Has anyone traveled with spouse/children. I have been contemplating doing this for a few years now and am worried about the stability issue with raising children. We have 17dd that is homeschooling and a 13dd that is in 8th grade private school and then a 2ds. My husband and I share the responsibilities and he does not have anything that would keep him from traveling, in fact he is all for it, but unsure about the stability issue as well. Anyone with experience in traveling and homeschooling please help!

romans116a

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 01:42 am
Traveling with family
I've done this a couple of times. The first time was for a single 13 week assignment. I homeschool. We had alot of fun. My daughter (15 at the time) did well. My son (11 at the time) had a hard time leaving. He made lots of friends and cried for about an hour as we drove away, then he adapted. We are all traveling now, but this is just to accomodate my husband while he attends college. We are only two hours from home, so we still visit friends. I know leaving is going to be hard for my son (now 13) because once again, he has made lots of new friends. Homeschooling and good housing have been the important factors

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » traveling with family
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 01:41:06