Philadelphia?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Philadelphia?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

SarahRN

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 03:19 pm
Philadelphia?
Hi, I'm new to traveling and just got to Philly 2 weeks ago. I love it here, but the job is just "ok". I'm looking to hook up with other travel nurses to hang out with, or potentially travel with. Anyone interested? or know of anyone?
Thanks,
Sarah

PS
As I said, I'm new to this travel nurse thing; any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

whoofers

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 03:36 pm
Would love to get an assignment in Philly. So, far no luck with any of the companies I tried. Do you mind me asking what company you are with & what specialty. I have no problems helping you get a referral bonus, if you can help. BTW, how is it going?

SarahRN

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 03:45 pm
I went with AMN (against many of the negative comments), recruiter is Amanda. So far, so good. I have been very, very clear when I speak, and when they say something to me. It seems that as long as you understand and read all of the fine print, you'll do ok. But, then again, others would say differently. I'm not sure how to navigate this whole thing, but I'm working on it.

Ok, so I'm at Albert Einstein Medical Center in a Medical Stepdown. My specialty is Surgical Stepdown, but this is a decent fit. I can't say I love it, but it's ok. I do, however, really like Philly. It is lonely, though.

Some nurses have told me that there isn't a nursing shortage in Philly; that's why it's hard to find an assignment here. I have a tough time, too. I really wanted it, though, so I held out. That's why I went with AMN; they were the only ones to offer it.

So, let me know how it goes.
-Sarah

katem1985

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 01:55 am
Hi Sarah!

I am actually a RN at Albert Einstein in the SICU. I have been working there since last July and I am looking to take a travel assignment in San Diego in January. How do you like the Medical Stepdown so far??

Let me know if you have any questions or if I could help you out with anything, and I would love to hear the ins and outs about AMN because I have not officially decided on a travel company yet. Hope to hear from you soon...

SarahRN

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 04:37 am
Kate,

You're at Einstein? How cool. Do you work nights or days? I'm a night girl for now, 3 12's.

Let's get together. Give me a call 401 215 0127.

dillion1

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 10:06 pm
Hello,

My name is Evelyn... I am interested in traveling to Phill... I plan to possibly go to Fairfax Virginia..

Are you familiar with that location?

SarahRN

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 03:00 pm
Hey Kate (AEMC/SICS)
katem1985 wrote:
Hi Sarah!

I am actually a RN at Albert Einstein in the SICU. I have been working there since last July and I am looking to take a travel assignment in San Diego in January. How do you like the Medical Stepdown so far??

Let me know if you have any questions or if I could help you out with anything, and I would love to hear the ins and outs about AMN because I have not officially decided on a travel company yet. Hope to hear from you soon...

Hey Kate, are you still interested in traveling? I'd love to meet up sometime. Let me know if you're interested. Take care, Sarah ([email protected])

lindabrn

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 08:33 pm
Re: Philadelphia?
SarahRN wrote:
Hi, I'm new to traveling and just got to Philly 2 weeks ago. I love it here, but the job is just "ok". I'm looking to hook up with other travel nurses to hang out with, or potentially travel with. Anyone interested? or know of anyone?
Thanks,
Sarah

PS
As I said, I'm new to this travel nurse thing; any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey Sarah!!
Are you still in Philly? I've had my entire career here in the city but I'm looking to start to travel after the new year. San Diego ranks high on my "to do list" Any interest??

brooklando

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 10:00 pm
Philly
hey Sarah, are you still in philly? i am from there (used to work at Jeffersons SICU) and took my first travel assignment this September in San Diego. I am finishing up my assignment soon, so i assume you are as well. Are you extending in philly or relocating? I did not extend in SD, but probably should have. not sure where i am going after the holidays (back to philly with the fam for 2 weeks for christmas).

lindabrn

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 05:11 pm
Hey Brooklando!
I'm a philly OR nurse ready to head out in January to CA!
My choice is 7p 7a at Kaiser Permanate SD with American mobile

OR: my second choice is:

Long Beach 7a -7p Long Beach memorial with Fastaff and 5 dollars more an hr.

Any thoughts on either one?? ANYONE??

brooklando

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 10:43 pm
philly - cali
dont know about long beach. san diego is fantastic! beautiful weather, friendly people, lots of outdoor stuff to do. not sure about specifics on either hospital sorry. good luck. im sure you will enjoy cali in either location.

ICURN2000

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 03:43 pm
Agencies/Bonus's
Glad to hear you guys like Philly, I grew up there!!

In Cinci-, OH. now. Love watching the Steelers beat hell out of the Bengels!!!

Before ya'll get together you outta check out Halostaffing.com, they are a n AWESOME Company to work for.

They just started another bonus program, called EASY MONEY,....it's on their site and pays VERY well. It is a bonus program that pays YOU, every time your friends (that you referred) work.

Plus as a smaller company, with nationwide contracts, they pay higher rates then any other company I have worked for.

I made a post about them under "Best Travel Companies".

Any questions let me know,... and please tell them Christopher, RN sent you, so I can get MY REFERRAL BONUS!!!

THANKS, ...and Happy Travels!!

whoofers

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 01:57 am
Re: Agencies/Bonus's
ICURN2000 wrote:
Glad to hear you guys like Philly, I grew up there!!

In Cinci-, OH. now. Love watching the Steelers beat hell out of the Bengels!!!

Before ya'll get together you outta check out Halostaffing.com, they are a n AWESOME Company to work for.

They just started another bonus program, called EASY MONEY,....it's on their site and pays VERY well. It is a bonus program that pays YOU, every time your friends (that you referred) work.

Plus as a smaller company, with nationwide contracts, they pay higher rates then any other company I have worked for.

I made a post about them under "Best Travel Companies".

Any questions let me know,... and please tell them Christopher, RN sent you, so I can get MY REFERRAL BONUS!!!

THANKS, ...and Happy Travels!!

Just signed on after not being on this site in a while and all I come across is multiple postings about your easy money scheme. Do you think that we are stupid, or are you are just greedy????

ICURN2000

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 10:38 pm
EASY Money "scheme"
What are you even talking about??

Have you even gone to Halo Staffing site and checked it out.

I do NOT understand why so many of the nurses on this site are so suspicious, and defensive.????

This is SUPPOSED to be a FORUM for RN's to discuss travel nursing, I make posts about a GREAT co. that I have PERSONALLY worked with for the past 5 years, that has an AWESOME bonus program,......

...and fellow RN's want to attack, insult, and degrade me!!!

You know what, to hell with YOU. I am sorry I posted on the venemous, insulting site...

Halo has kept me and MANY of my friends working at TOP pay....

You wanna bitch, complain about the economy and job market...then attack ME for attempting to help you...then YOU ARE STUPID...

...and as far as GREEDY...

so what, YOU have never received a bonus for refering a friend to a company you believed in???

Well, then you are either a newbie RN, have no friends, work for a SHITTY company, a LIER, or are STUPID!!!!

I'll be damned if I post to this F#@$%d up forum again...

Good luck to you bitter RN's

Christopher Mulloney, RN, CCRN
CPT, USA IRR

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Philadelphia?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 04:20:35