left stranded

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » left stranded

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 07:18 pm
left stranded
I trough my recently signed with my agency to work at the SAnta Clara Kaiser. Kaiser requires that al agnecies go through nursefinders. Well with contract signed and a confirmation to my agency I packed up and moved when my last asisgnment finished. Since I have my own kitchen ware and patio furniture I rented a truck. I also have a son that lives with me,(so this effected more than me).
Well to make a long story short I got moved in completely, in 95+ weather in an un aircondition apt. The morning I was to do the didatic orientation my recuiter wakes me up that Santa Clara is cancelling the contract. My recruiter asked me to call the manager to talk them out of it. The best I could do is get a 3 to 4 week delay. Meantime I been left holding the bag. It looks like Kaiser or nursefinders dropped the ball. They said they try to get in touch with me but I had phone service until I left my apt in Los Angeles, besides, this would have only been 2 days before the didatic oreintation. There is some talk of per diem until my new contract? would start. This isn't guarteened. My agency is threatening to charge me the rent(this isn't in my contract I have to do). I told them no I did nothing wrong and I the one being "punished". I have told them if needed I wil consult an attorney. Has this ever happened to anyone else. This was also a first for my small agency. They don't know what to do.

toreylynn78

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 04:07 pm
That sounds crazy....I work up in Portland, Oregon for Kaiser and am with Intelistaf/MSN. They just use nurse finder as an intermediary for scheduling and staffing. There are also travelers with Cross Country and Access (that I know of.) I'm just starting my second contract there and already negotiating my third. Maybe you need a new recruiter??? Scary, I would be screwed as well if I got somewhere and couldn't work. I had a contract at another hospital here in Portland and when I got to town, they didn't have me scheduled for orientation and didn't want me to start for another week. My company still paid me due to the fact the my contract was supposed to start. If you need any help or the name of a good recruiter, let me know.

-torey

whoofers

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 03:40 pm
Just contract directly with Nursefinders so you can get per diem & then use their travel company, national healthcare staffing to move away.

Don't let your comapny pull the bait and switch, forcing you into a lower paying assignment because you are desperate for a job.

peachy13rn

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 05:42 pm
I am relatively new to traveling, but i have learned this much.....DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING until you have every detail in writing about your contract. The last two times I have been in contracts, one hospital wanted to put me on a different shift than I was contracted for. I contacted my recruiter and demanded they fix it. They did. I just signed on with a new company and they seem great, but they made me set up my own interview; my recruiter knows nothing about nursing (because I upfront asked her); and they go through a middle agency to deal with the hospital. It's definitely a learning curve. None of my issues have cost me but it is teaching me some lessons about how to get what I want. Smile

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » left stranded
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:52:56