does losing your license in one state affect your other lic

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » does losing your license in one state affect your other lic

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 06:47 am
does losing your license in one state affect your other lic
I am currently licensed in 4 states. I have traveled for several years and decided to take a permanent position in Alabama. Because of a very vindictive nurse I am now possibly going to be on probation with the Alabama board. The Alabama board is very hateful. In fact the "probation officer" actually laughed at me and said she was tired of dealing with "you people." I have been a nurse for 20 years and never had any problems at any hospital I have ever worked. Because of the probation I will not be able to make enough money to support my family. I am thinking about surrendering my license and go back to travel nursing. I have a contract in Georgia and am considering taking it. I cannot afford an attorney to help me. Is this going to affect my other license? Can anyone answer this for me?

stellar 1

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 09:36 pm
Get a lawyer that works with healthcare professionals, maybe a nurse lawyer. You really need to protect yourself!

graverobbericu

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 05:26 am
Thank you so much for answering. The problem is I just can't afford a lawyer right now. After I got fired from the hospital where I was working I applied at other local hospitals. I have a job but because ofthe stipulations of being on probation I can't work where I wantedto. Not to mention it has taken 2 months just to get into orientation. I have to travel to make better money to afford a lawyer. If I get a lawyer now and try to fight it I will lose everything. I thought matbe it would be better to surrender my license and travel for now then reapply after a year. I can contnue working in Georgia for as long as it takes but I just want to know if it will affect my Georgia license?

stellar 1

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 08:06 am
Frankly, you can't afford to not get a lawyer. All of the state license applications I have applied to ask if you have had your license revoked in another state or disciplined. If you lie and get caught...It is worth taking out a loan to defend yourself. Don't think in the moment, think of your future earning potential and career. Most areas have legal aide based on income, sliding scale, look in the yellow pages/google or call a women's crisis center for help. Also, most lawyers don't charge for the initial consultation, or you can work out a payment plan. Call the ANA or local NLN, although my experience with them related to advocacy in a non-legal matter was they are a worthless self-serving organization. Please do not leave yourself with out legal counsel, they will screw you. You have to push back and only a lawyer can do that. best of luck.

TeleNurseboy

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 07:37 pm
if your license gets revoked in one state or suspended they send out letters/emails to other states and they tned to do the same thing.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » does losing your license in one state affect your other lic
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 10:00:36