Avg pay in CA for travelers

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Avg pay in CA for travelers

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 01:49 pm
Avg pay in CA for travelers
Can anyone tell me about the avg pay for an RN who is travel to California

Travel company will provide housing.......They quoted me at $30/hr.

This seems low................any input would be appreciated.

worthynurse1

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 12:54 am
pay in california
i am here in los angeles at LAC+USC medical center.

I am making net $2000 a week, but I take meals, incidentals, housing, gas, travel etc. out of that. I got $300 to get here and will get $300 on the way home. it was worth it to drive out here considering my friend and I found a hotel that charges us $1200 month. thats $600 each and we in the heart of downtown LA in the financial district. hotel is decent and clean enough.

anywhoo, I hope this helps. This is a very tough hospital and travelers are hated so don't go unless you have a lot of experience and you must have good people skills.

thanks

worthynurse1

peachy13rn

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 05:04 pm
You're getting ROBBED. $30 an hour is crap. I'm in Seattle and making about $43.00 an hour. That does include the housing stipened, but I bring home about $3000.00 every 2 weeks. California should be paying the most of any state. You need to switch hospitals or travel companies or both. Someone is screwing you.

TroyCookRN

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 01:40 am
pay in CA
I'm currently on assignment in LA and I am currently making $51 total compensation for pay, per diem and housing allowance. Finding my own apartment puts so much more money in my pocket.

stellar 1

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 05:23 pm
I am going to start traveling shortly. How do you "arrange" your housing. Do you have online lists or the newspaper, do you rent furniture, how do you find places for short term like that, do you have to put down deposits for utilities? Any input would be appreciated Very Happy

TeleNurseboy

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 09:37 pm
peachy13rn wrote:
You're getting ROBBED. $30 an hour is crap. I'm in Seattle and making about $43.00 an hour. That does include the housing stipened, but I bring home about $3000.00 every 2 weeks. California should be paying the most of any state. You need to switch hospitals or travel companies or both. Someone is screwing you.

your getting robbed in bremerton (across the sound) i was getting 48 an hour
maine and washington state are the two highest paid states per medifast

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Avg pay in CA for travelers
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 08:32:44