ER nurses

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » ER nurses

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Chad B

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 09:06 pm
ER nurses
I am an ER nurse and work in Florida, my wife and I are wanting to do some traveling. I have a couple of questions,

1st We want to make money, that is the main reason we want to travel. We plan on traveling for a year or so to save up for a down payment on our first house. My wife is not a nurse and will be picking up temp jobs, hopefully in the hospital I am working in. Where are the best places to travel to to make the most money?? And if you don't mid sharing how much did you make while working there?

2nd What were the working conditions? I want to make the most money but don't want to put my license on the line by taking care of 10 pt's in the ER.

Will most places you work let you pick up overtime?

Thanks in advance for any advice or information, this will be our first time traveling and Im pretty nervous to be leaving my home town..

Thanks Again

NE RN

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 12:36 pm
Have you looked into traveling to the Northeast. PAy rates in MA and CT can be upwards of $40+ an hour depending on what other amenities you need.

TeleNurseboy

Reply Sun 4 May, 2008 06:28 am
i believe maine has the highest bill rates for hospitals. this means they generally will pay the nurse more (not all companies) when i was there is made 48 bucks an hour. generally the northeast does pay better but they also have higher taxes that you have to deal with as well. its not terribly much more since you are not a perm residnet of the state but hey 1k more you have to pay for 7 months is 1k more then i want to let go Smile

dreasea

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 09:56 pm
hospitals in FL
hey can you tell me some good hospitals to work at and others to avoid in FL?

TeleNurseboy

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 11:50 pm
depends, alot of hospitals in florida want you to basically be in charge of everything. not to be mean but alot of nurses from other states couldnt hack it in florida. er is the same everywhere. most hospitals have a ratio of about 6:1 for m/s tele. the hospitals actually require you to work sounds odd but they do.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » ER nurses
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 07:12:13