VA contracts

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » VA contracts

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 03:28 pm
VA contracts
Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a specific company that does VA hospital contracts? Or any other government contracts?

Folfox73

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 09:18 am
Re: VA Contracts
Maxim Governmental Services thru TravelMax has the contract at all VA facilities nationwide. Also the agency I'm currently with has some of them too; American Mobile Nurses

Craig 1

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 08:08 pm
I'm at the VA with Maxim Government Services. In my opinion, this is one screwed-up company. About the only thing I've been told that's true is what they wouldn't do. They don't pay overtime other than over 80 hours in a two week period. 44 hours and 36 hours alternating weeks, no overtime on the 44 hour week.

Check the GSA site, there are currently 206 vendors that are contracted with the VA.
http://www.gsaelibrary.gsa.gov/ElibMain/SinDetails;jsessionid=www.gsaelibrary.gsa.gov-17813%3A482cd747%3A78bde653f6d5f1c?scheduleNumber=621+I&specialItemNumber=621-025&executeQuery=YES&filter=NO

ndjanice

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 02:29 am
Occasionally I get a news letter from Nightengale nurses that offer VA hospital

darlwill

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 06:40 pm
VETPRO and VA contract
i just finished the application process for VetPro to work in OK City VA Hosp - the application process is a bit tedious but not too bad - not really any worse than any other agency application except that you must account for every month of working or not since gradation as a nurse -
i did this because Nightingale offered me a position there, there are other travelers at the VA, other travelers in the same apartments, and my son and his family are in OK City for a few more months before he is transferred away - i love our veterans young and old so hope i will like this job - my first travel job - also, hope nurses are having better experiences with Nightingale than i read elsewhere in the forum -

darlwill

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 06:42 pm
VA contractors
Thanks, Craig, for the good link to GSA site for VA contractors

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » VA contracts
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 09:45:19