Need Virgin Islands Info??

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Need Virgin Islands Info??

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 11:32 am
Need Virgin Islands Info??
I'm in the USVI, St Thomas if anyone needs info.. Feel free to contact me!

havestethwilltravel

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 09:21 pm
hi, im so jealous! which company? whats the pay like?

peewee 1

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 04:49 pm
usvi
I have been talking about going to usvi but have not found a company that sends to these places. Care to share? 8) Enjoy

jhataway

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 12:20 pm
my girlfriend and I are thinking of taking an assignment in the VI. shes an RN, I'm a NP. How is your experience there so far?

peewee 1

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 10:41 am
Re: Need Virgin Islands Info??
monicarn wrote:
I'm in the USVI, St Thomas if anyone needs info.. Feel free to contact me!

How do we contact you?

barbados07

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 06:03 pm
Hi,

I'm interested in joining a travel agency but need one for USVI, any suggestions. How do you like working there?

ndjanice

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 01:56 am
USVI
I took 2 assignments in the VI. It is truely paradise. The cost of living is outrageous however. Trustaff and Professional Nurses are the only 2 agencies that staff the VI. The people are very receptive, at the hospital. The majority of the islands are very much in poverty, you need to be carefull and stay in a security complex. Transportation there is quite interesting. They have what is called saffari busses that can take you all around the island for $2.00. They drive on the left. I rented a car the last time I was there in March 2008, and the cost was $700.00 a month, not paid for by these two agencies. The Caribean is so beautiful, I miss that place everyday. I would definitly recomend going there if you have the chance. Say "Hi" to Miss Sam, surgical floor manager, she is wonderful. People there are also very religous, you will get many God Bless you's. They also address people by there Sir name. Just a couple of tips, hope they help, enjoy life!!

ndjanice

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 09:57 am
havestethwilltravel wrote:
hi, im so jealous! which company? whats the pay like?

Iv'e been to St Thomas twice. Paradise to the meaning of the word! but don't plan to be able to save any money, everything you make you will need for the cost of living there. Groceries and everything else is outrageous. I took plenty of money with me and used all of it. The pay is not well at all. Consider it to be a working vacation if you do go.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Need Virgin Islands Info??
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 01:23:59