Big cities vs. small towns

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Big cities vs. small towns

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 11:46 am
Big cities vs. small towns
I've been traveling to big cities for awhile now and I'm looking for a change. What small cities and towns have you traveled to and how was it? Please share your experiences with me. I appreciate any input!

HEY JUDE

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 06:54 pm
Re: Big cities vs. small towns
shirleyday wrote:
I've been traveling to big cities for awhile now and I'm looking for a change. What small cities and towns have you traveled to and how was it? Please share your experiences with me. I appreciate any input!

I enjoy both, however lean toward working the smaller towns and visiting larger cities. I have worked in Fredericksburg VA located one hr from DC: and 90 minutes from Colonial Willaimsburg,veeery close to the Shannondoah Valley and not too far from gorgeous West Virginia. In Washington State i worked in Aberdeen, located on WA coast, gained easy access to the WA Coast and northern Oregon Coast. Worked in Salinas CA..which is located 90min from San Francisco, and 45 minutes from awesome Big Sur, Monterey and Carmel CA. Hope this helps...i enjoy hills and forests and coastal views of our country, and was able to enjoy the jazz offerings in DC, Museums

jtf77

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 12:58 pm
did six months in Toms river, NJ, Toms river community medical center
very nice staff and area
little heavy in traffic come summer but doable
small city, look at it on google maps
right near the ocean and Atlantic city = NYC are both within 2 hours

sioux falls is were i'm at right now
lot of bars and restaurant
you have to drive to get places a little
mt. rushmore, black hills and bad lands are in this state
well worth see
Vegas is a skip away on a plane, run ya under $100 bucks

toreylynn78

Reply Mon 12 May, 2008 05:15 pm
small towns
If you want small town with an amazing hospital to go to. Ask your recruiter if they have contracts with Dartmouth Hitchcock in Lebanon, NH. I worked there as a staff nurse and now am traveling on the west coast. It was a great place to work and treated travelers amazingly!! They dont stick the traveler with the harder assignment or multiple admits or all the other shitty things I am now dealing with. I know that mostly their contracts are with Cross Country but sometimes Cross Country sub contracts out too. Its a four hundred something bed level one trauma center in the middle of nowhere. People are nice and small towny. You will be 2 hours from boston, 4 1/2 from NYC and a couple from Canada. Check it out!!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Big cities vs. small towns
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 07:42:10