Packing for travel nursing

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Packing for travel nursing

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 12:59 am
Packing for travel nursing
Any advice on packing for my first travel assignment? Also, I may not be able to take a car with me since I will be in Manhattan, NY. Any advice on that as well? Thanks!!

klogan1019

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 02:07 pm
Pack light. The airlines charge extra for heavy bags. They are going to start charging for extra bags too. Maybe up to 3 sets of scrubs and what you wear on a regular basis. You can always purchase extra clothes whereever you are and that will also be more suitable for the local climate. I just left Arkansas which was in the 30's and came to California and it was 70 and sunny.
Ship heavy items such as nursing books, journal etc. if you know what your address will be. This may be a busines expense/deduction (I'll find out next year ). My carry on had the heaviest items because they don't weigh that, yet. My back pack/purse had my computer, jewelry, make up, gum, coughdrops, necessary meds, money, passport, ID certifications, vaccinations, etc.
Good luck on your job!
I look forward to reading everyone else's packing tips.

kateyes7

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 07:53 pm
Thank you guys both so much for the info. I am going to be checking out that website with the journal!!!

accord5speed

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 05:36 am
wow, i didnt know there were such positive reviews of new york! It is a fun place and fast paced to live for a little while, but it can get pretty tough at times too

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Packing for travel nursing
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/27/2024 at 07:56:05