California

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » California

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

DAddyRN

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2007 12:28 am
California
Hey everyone. I have been out of the travel game for a while now and am looking to go to California and/or other places out west. I will be traveling with a friend of mine who is also a RN. We were just wondering how hard it was to work as a "tag team" in these areas. We work Med-Surg and would like to work the same floor and the same schedule. If anyone has any input on this please let me know.

CDNORRN

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 07:10 am
We chose California because our company had such a large number of assignments. He works ICU and I work OR. Our first assignment was our only one together. We found it very difficult to get assigments that were in the same hospital let alone the same city. I have since quit travelling. He continues. We might try to do it again, now that we're well seasoned.

accord5speed

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 07:57 am
Is working in Cali better than other places? or is it pretty much the same?

kmarshall

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 01:09 pm
Re: California
D.AddyRN wrote:
Hey everyone. I have been out of the travel game for a while now and am looking to go to California and/or other places out west. I will be traveling with a friend of mine who is also a RN. We were just wondering how hard it was to work as a "tag team" in these areas. We work Med-Surg and would like to work the same floor and the same schedule. If anyone has any input on this please let me know.

two of my nursing friends did an assignment in los angeles at the same time...they both worked on the same floor of the same hospital, but opposite shifts. they also got housing together through their travel agency.

ganurse

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 06:41 am
Traveling Together
Both my husband and I are RNs. My speciality is OB/LDRP and his is NICU/NSY/postpartum. We have absolutely no difficulty working the same hospital, same shift AND same schedule. We have 1 recruiter that works for both of us and she knows this is one of our requirements...which they don't seem to have problems meeting.

We're upfront with the hospitals, even if the units have different managers. We tell them in the interview that the "other spouse" is also interviewing and this is a requirement and they usually strive very hard to accommidate our needs.

However, we try to make it easy on them and have our time clumped together on a set schedule but usually to their needs.

It can be done!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » California
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/13/2024 at 09:16:35