Cross Country

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Cross Country

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 03:04 am
Cross Country
Has anyone traveled with Cross Country? Good or bad? I am a new traveler. Also, any advice? Thanks

joeRN

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 05:29 pm
I have never traveled with Cross Country (I'm a loyal Access Nurses guy), but I haven't heard good things about the company in other posts on this site...everything from low pay to rude recruiters. I'm a firm believer in figuring it out for yourself though. Everyone wants different things from a travel assignment, so you may have a different opinion of them.

kateyes7

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 06:40 pm
Thanks Joe. I am also looking at Access Nurses. Do you like them? Where have you been? What kind of benefits do they offer?

accord5speed

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 07:56 am
Hell, I'm interested in any reviews in detail about any travel companies. Bad or good. It's hard to find a clear cut answer, bc there are so many fake bloggers

joeRN

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 12:33 pm
kateyes7 wrote:
Thanks Joe. I am also looking at Access Nurses. Do you like them? Where have you been? What kind of benefits do they offer?

hi! right now i'm in mass finishing up an assignment. i may extend actually. i'd never been to the east coast before this assignment and i'm thinking it's where i'm meant to be. plus, i hear springs here are awesome. i feel like i say it all the time, but YES i am very happy working with Access Nurses. as far as benefits, i get dental, vision and medical. i had it written into my contract so i don't have a deduction from my paycheck. also, i know other companies make you wait 30-90 days to fill prescriptions, but i can start getting my meds as soon as i start. (not important for people not on meds, but for me it was a great bonus). i hope this helps. my recruiter was really great and went over all the packages with me before i decided...so it may help to talk to someone too if my plan wouldn't work for you. good luck!!!!

sanders24k

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 11:08 am
travel agencies
I signed up with Access and it was not a positive experience, they did not offer insurance to me right away, offered a very low pay for Stamford, CT(expensive place to go) and was rushing me to make decisions. I refused the home health assignment, due to the rush and other issues I had to handle before leaving.

cross country has contacted me twice, however never followed up on my calls to them, so they do not seem to have their stuff together for me.

I would like to travel to the Caribbean Islands on assignment and read someone's blog on professionalnurse agency is the one to go with.

jleern

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 10:37 am
to the new traveller
Hello,

You will hear good things and bad about every company if you talk to enough people. I think getting the name of a good recruiter at a certain company and being clear about what you will accept from them is important. As learned when I first started travelling, as a new traveller, most companies will try to give you less because they know that you don't have the experience of dealing with them. My first travel assignment was with Medstaff and they were HORRIBLE-- very manipulative and they lied about everything.
I have had good luck with Clinical One. I think, though, that you have to know what is most important to you and make sure that you stand your ground on that. If you don't have a lot of flexibility as far as where you will go, or what shifts you will take, you will have fewer options (which is okay, you just have to recoqnize that). Tell the recruiter up front that you want them to be totally honest with you and that you will not stand for being jerked around. If you notice them being pushy or manipulating you, drop them immediately-- there are a few out there that are great-- you just need to find them! Remember, no assignment is going to be perfect in every aspect, you just have to know what you can and can't live with. Good Luck!

joeRN

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 11:04 am
Re: travel agencies
sanders24k wrote:
I signed up with Access and it was not a positive experience, they did not offer insurance to me right away, offered a very low pay for Stamford, CT(expensive place to go) and was rushing me to make decisions. I refused the home health assignment, due to the rush and other issues I had to handle before leaving.

cross country has contacted me twice, however never followed up on my calls to them, so they do not seem to have their stuff together for me.

I would like to travel to the Caribbean Islands on assignment and read someone's blog on professionalnurse agency is the one to go with.

Hey sanders24k, I'm surprised you had such a bad experience with Access Nurses. Especially about the insurance part. I've been working with them for years, and I'm very happy. Most companies make you wait 90 days to get approved for insurance, but I got mine right away with Access Nurses. Hopefully it works out with the next company you try. jleern is right...there are good and bad things about every company. You just have to find which one works best for you.

Working in the Caribbean sounds like a dream. I may travel to the south of Florida in my next assignment...it's as close as I can get without leaving the country.

shameefa

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 08:20 am
Re: Cross Country
Hi, I am a nurse presently working in India. While I was trying to fill up the CGFNS application, had been asked to choose recepients to receive my report. Could you please recommend someone?

PRACA43

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 03:35 am
CCTC
Cross Country Trav Corps is probably one of the worst companies to choose in my opinion. Lowest pay in the industry and the highest expectations of you. It is my main complaint, but recruiters that never return your calls when you need them to is another. The company seems like it is going under, because they have less and less opportunities all the time.

They didn't take very good care of me at all and my attitude towards them showed at work. They are mostly about red tape, (like hounding you to complete competencies that are required too frequently) and screwing you on every aspect of your contract. Also, the right hand NEVER knows what the left hand is doing at corporate headquarters.

There are far better companies out there. Just pick any other one and you will likely do better.

Just my opinion of this fledgling company. My guess is they're gone in 2 years or bought out.

nativeborn

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 11:09 pm
agencies to avoid
I am a long time traveler and exchange info with other travelers I've met on the road. There is a "list" of companies to avoid. Generally any company in Boca Raton Florida is to be avoided.

whoofers

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 11:04 pm
Re: agencies to avoid
nativeborn wrote:
I am a long time traveler and exchange info with other travelers I've met on the road. There is a "list" of companies to avoid. Generally any company in Boca Raton Florida is to be avoided.

Are there any other companies on this list? I think that NHS (who screwed me once) works out of there; but, cannot recall for sure. How's your experience been with the Ohio & New York companies?

toreylynn78

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 03:40 pm
Re: agencies to avoid
nativeborn wrote:

I see that you wrote any companies in Boca Raton....I think you are meaning MSN. Well, they merged with Intelistaf out of Texas and they are wonderful. They been very good to me and have followed up with everything. The hospital I am currently with messed up and didn't have me starting when my contract date was for. They wanted to me start a week later. My recruiter got me paid for the week I never worked and gave me my housing stipend on the day they originally promised even tough I didn't work until a week later.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Cross Country
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 11:20:02