Which travel company???

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Which travel company???

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 03:46 pm
Which travel company???
New to the forum, trying to choose a travel company to work for and giving up a decent government job with good benefits, any ideas which ones are good and the ones I need to stay away from???

taylorj1

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 04:54 pm
Anyone?????

shirleyday

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 12:35 pm
Wow taylorj1, you sure are anxious for a reply. If it's good benefits you're looking for, you should look into traveling with Access Nurses. I've been working with them for awhile now and I'm very happy. I'm not sure where you're looking to travel, but I've loved every assignment with Access so far. My recruiter is mostly to thank for that. Her name is Sophia and she is AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Good luck.

taylorj1

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 11:46 am
Thanks for the suggestion. I know I sounded anxious, instant gratification lol, I have applied to access partially, anyone know how RN Network is? I have heard good things about their benefits, pay, and incentives. Feedback is always appreciated. Thanks.

accord5speed

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 12:11 pm
i heard mobile medical is good, I've been researching for a while now, but I can't get a clear definitive answer. Access nurses seems to be popular, but with popularity, you get a lot of good and bad reviews, so its hard to say.

And this forum seems to be dead, not too many reponses, seems like I'm the only one that actually responds.

How many patients do you have to take on a regular med surge floor in Califonia?? Is it five??

accord5speed

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 12:12 pm
Oh yea, be careful, there are lot of phony responses too if a travel agency gets a bad review by someone, there will be someone to counter it with a positive one, and you can tell its 100% boloney!

taylorj1

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 03:42 am
I have never personally worked in California, but have done Med/surg before and have had as many as 10 patients w/support staff but that is not typical. So far RN Network is the choice I have made but that could change if things go sour. My main thing now is trying to get licensed in another state....................

joeRN

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 05:27 pm
Which state are you trying to get a license in? I'm pretty sure you can apply for most state licenses online.

taylorj1

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 04:46 pm
From Kansas to Oklahoma, which is not a compact state, the application process is grueling with paperwork and pictures, and of course money involved...............

bkoldyke

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 05:43 pm
Travel Companies
We have been using National Healthcare Staffing (NHS), which used to be VITA, but they recently bought out NHS. We have been very happy and have a great recruiter, his name is Kevin Russell and he has taken good care of us. Our travel has consisted of Tennessee, North Carolina, Utah, and Arizona. The health insurance is reasonably priced, but their concentration of jobs is mainly in the southeastern part of the country. They're actually located in Charlotte, NC. If we were to change companies, we had checked out Intelistaff, due to their reasonable insurance rates and they seem to have alot of assignments out west.
Best of Luck!!

taylorj1

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 03:03 am
I have heard good things about inteliistaff too, called them and they do have good insurance rates but I cant go with them since the only assignments they have are are where I live. It looks like I will stick to per diem work in town, it pays the best and I dont have to worry about the travel expenses.

stellar 1

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 07:44 pm
Yes, I too am sorry this is not a more active blog. As for the phony responses!!! The same people respond about Sophia and Access over and over. I am considering Access, but find the phony responses a turn off!

joeRN

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 09:16 am
taylorj1 wrote:
From Kansas to Oklahoma, which is not a compact state, the application process is grueling with paperwork and pictures, and of course money involved...............

your travel agency should help compensate you for all of the tests and licensing, etc. have you asked about that? you don't get screwed with unnecessary fees.

taylorj1

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 08:48 pm
The claim they will pay for the initial 80.00 fee but I am responsible for the temporary fee of 10.00 and the criminal background check of 25.00, which is not too bad but at the same time if I stay instate then I dont have to worry about that. So for now its staying the way it is. IN town.

joeRN

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 03:01 pm
yeah, that's not too bad...but if you're happy staying in Kansas, then it'll be nice to avoid any fees and hassle. I've heard Kansas City and Overland Park are nice cities, but I don't know much about the hospitals there.

accord5speed

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 09:34 pm
stellar wrote:
Yes, I too am sorry this is not a more active blog. As for the phony responses!!! The same people respond about Sophia and Access over and over. I am considering Access, but find the phony responses a turn off!

That's exactly what I mean! I'm a little afraid to try those agencies that are the most advertised, they seem to be one of the bigger agencies, but I tend to believe more of the negative reviews, b/c all the positive ones are BS. And I sent my resume to a smaller travel agency, but then they would call me everyday(I wasn't able to pick up the phone), almost too aggressive in my opinion. I'm thinking it might be better off just going there and doing it the old fashion way of actually applying. Smile

accord5speed

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 09:35 pm
taylorj1 wrote:
The claim they will pay for the initial 80.00 fee but I am responsible for the temporary fee of 10.00 and the criminal background check of 25.00, which is not too bad but at the same time if I stay instate then I dont have to worry about that. So for now its staying the way it is. IN town.

Yah, well good luck, there are still some of us that want to travel out of state, so keeping this thread up is not a bad idea.

kmarshall

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 12:24 pm
the licensing process was a hassle for me too coming to california...but it was worth it. now i can travel anywhere in the state. plus, i had help from my recruiter to get it all done. if you really want to make travel nursing your career and don't want to pay the licensing fees everytime you move states, you should get a lisense in the compact states...which includes like 20 states.

kmarshall

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 12:29 pm
stellar wrote:

you just have to go with your instincts when choosing an assignment. what do YOU think of the company? i took an assignment with amn and hated it, but other nurses i know work with them and don't have any complaints. i work with access nurses and they've kept me happy so far....but all that matters is what you think about the company because you're the one who has to work the assignment.

stellar 1

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 02:36 pm
Yes, but if you are just starting to travel it is a leap of faith. To leave a very well-paying job with full benifits for a company that could be your worst nightmare or heaven, but more realisitically somewhere in between, is intimidating. I think if a company is good, they should just rest on their reputation rather than post phony replies on blogs. It makes me question their ethics! I would much prefer the industry direct their nurses to the blog and keep it all above board.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Which travel company???
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 10:10:49