Which hospitals do you recommend in California?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Which hospitals do you recommend in California?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 04:34 am
Which hospitals do you recommend in California?
I've seen a which hospitals to avoid thread, but what about which ones are good? Any recommendations? I'm interested in the San Fran,LA,San Jose area in particular....

accord5speed

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 08:46 am
great thank you so much!! I wonder how much current hospital stacks up...actually nevermind the reviews are very limited. They rank alaska number one! Well i wouldn't mind going to alaska I guess, not too many patients to treat I would imagine..

leocygnet

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 02:15 pm
Re: Which hospitals do you recommend in California?
San Francisco Area:(recommended)
John Muir Medical Center
Washington Hospital (Fremont)
Stanford (San Jose Area)
I got good feedbacks from my friends working in E.R

Hospitals to avoid:
Oakland hospitals in general
Kaiser Oakland
Highland
Sutter hospitals in Oakland

leocygnet

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 02:18 pm
accord5speed wrote:
great thank you so much!! I wonder how much current hospital stacks up...actually nevermind the reviews are very limited. They rank alaska number one! Well i wouldn't mind going to alaska I guess, not too many patients to treat I would imagine..

Me too! not much patient care, Im supposed.

accord5speed

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 10:14 pm
Great thanks again! Now I can have some idea where to go!!

California is such a huge place, I have no idea where I would start. I just want a hospital that is treats travelers as the ones that are actually HELPING them instead of just dumping on them. Our hospital treats floats as people helping our unit instead of giving them the worst assignment.

Hey, so now that I found someone that actually is alive on this forum, is the ratio 5 patients in California? Does it every increase more than that? And do they have CNA's or tech's to help the nurses?

We usually have 6 - 7 patients, sometimes 8 and once ina while 9.

klogan1019

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 08:45 pm
Sutter Memorial in Sacramento is very traveler friendly. I work in the ER and the staff is excellant and helpful. I have not had any problems at all. I was pulled to Sutter General in Sacramento and the staff there is good too.

accord5speed

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 09:25 pm
Thanks for the input! At least there's someone else thats still alive on these forums!

alirose06

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 10:48 am
San Diego
How about hospitals in San Diego?

kmarshall

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 12:06 pm
two of my friends work in san diego...one at rady children's hospital and the other at scripp's in la jolla. they both love it down there....but san diego is so nice i think i'd be fine at any hospital there just so i could live there.

alirose06

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 02:09 pm
That's great to hear! I have never been to San Diego but have heard so many great things about it. I chose San Diego has my first travel assignment, then may move on. I've been having a feeling that I may not leave... Smile

fruitcakenurse

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 02:45 pm
2 RN's seeking California which agency to go with????
We are interested in calif will be our first time travel there..however, we are shopping for the right agency! anyone with suggestions? would love to hear ya feedbacks! thanks

PRACA43

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 12:28 pm
RE: SAN DIEGO
SAN DIEGO DOESN'T PAY VERY WELL. IT'S CALLED THE "SUNSHINE TAX".

OOODLES OF PEOPLE WAITING IN THE WINGS TO GO THERE, SO THEY DON'T HAVE TO PAY WELL.

seowrn

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 01:01 am
agency/hospitals
I worked for Agostini in 2004 to 2005. They were great and when i traveled to sacramento i worked at sutter general they are so traveler friendly (5 south floor). Im on assignment in san francisco now. I still go out to visit wtih my sac nurse friends and i live in arkansas! good luck have fun!

debhal15

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 03:49 pm
I have worked in California several times. STAY AWAY from Good Samaritan and Kaiser. In the San Jose area. BAD NEWS. Terrible nursing care and the travelers get the worst end of the deal. Never will go back there.
There is a wonderful hospital in Los Gatos....called Los Gatos community hospital. Very friendly place. Los Gatos is primarily a suburb of San Jose.

San Diego is a hard place to get a job....every one wants to be there.
All the travelers extend...so jobs don't open up that often. Wasn't impressed with the weather there either. Foggy, in the 60's most of the time...same with San Fran...cold as far as that goes.

But you can decide for yourself.....Nappa is a wonderful place to work too.

nativeborn

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 11:58 pm
San Jose Kaiser
I heard from a friend who was set up by foreign nurses and fired after just 4 days on the job at Kaiser in San Jose. The agency did not back her. I believe it was RN Network. They withheld her pay and charged her an incredible 5000 more for apartment expenses they claim they lost.

klogan1019

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 10:12 am
Marian Medical Center ER in Santa Maria was a very good experience. I plan to return. The staff is friendly and helpful. They rotate you from area to area, so you are not stuck in a bad area. Also if you have a bad shift or a very critical pt they will place you in an easier area later or the next day. They are good about breaks too. Most travelers extend their contracts.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Which hospitals do you recommend in California?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 02:23:11