thinking about traveling

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » thinking about traveling

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 01:37 am
thinking about traveling
hey!
i've been working med/surg for 2 years. i am a night shift nurse on a unit with flex scheduling. sometimes i work 7p-7a and have to go back the same day 3p-11p. this really has me stressed. i have asked my manager numerous times to not schedule me to work such hours, i would like to have consistent shifts, u know, like, if i am working evenings i want evenings and if i am working nights, i want nights on that given week...not flip/flop back and forth. i went to the DON and she didn't agree nor disagree with either my manager or me. i want to resign and just do something totally different but i have this fear of being unemployed (im an RN that fears being unemployed with a carnote)!!!
right now i am working PRN at another facility(post surgical) in the area but it is not like the unit that i have been working for 2 years(orthopedics/surgical)......i've been wanting to get into post-partum anyway, is this the right time or should i just wait and see what happens next.....
the facility where i work prn has l/d positions available, what should i do?
please respond soon, thanks
signed
CLUELESS Neutral

DebRiggle

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 08:39 am
Thinking about travel
Good Morning!

I read your post and I can almost hear the frustration in your voice! Since you posted with a heading of "Thinking about travel" I'd like to offer to answer any question you might have about travel nursing. It is a viable option to you, but you do need to be informed before you dive in, especially with your self-described fear of unemployment. There are a lot of unscrupulous companies out there that love to take advantage of a nurse who's feeling a little stressed and desperate.

Take your time and get informed. I'd be happy to talk with you and answer any questions you have. I can also recommend resources that can help.

shirleyday

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 09:42 am
Hey! If you're thinking about becoming a travel nurse, let me know. It's so important to find a company that is honest and will get you want you want. I started traveling after working perm for years and I couldn't be happier. It's a nice change of pace, without having to start over again in a new career. Good luck. I hope to hear from you.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » thinking about traveling
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:05:36