Anyone waiting on a strike?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Anyone waiting on a strike?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

mrt76

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 06:09 pm
Anyone waiting on a strike?
Is any one waiting on one of the strikes to go?

mixednuts4my

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 02:53 am
How can any of you in good conscience cross the line to work a strike? Is the money that important. Are you really doing it for the benefit of the patient or are you just trying to fatten your bank account that much more? Who's side are you on anyways? Personally I could and never will do such a thing regardless of the money offered.

mrt76

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 06:50 am
Patients have to be taken care of during a strike. I read a post somewhere that really made me want to do this. The person said something along the lines of "if a mother was to walk up to the ed with a blue child while you are on strike, are you just going to ignore her and let that child die, or would you rather someone be able to help her and possibly save that child. If you are on strike, rather you want to ignore her or not, that is what will happen." I know that is a stretch, but it truely is a possibility. I have the means to go to a place and work while my fellow nurses do what they feel is necessary to make life at work better for them. Strike breakers dont undermine what they are doing, the facilities pay out the nose for us, so its not like we are buying them time. I'm sure they dont want to pay us any longer than they have too. But, I will not lie, they money is great, but that is not my only, nor my first reason for wanting to do this.

zootsuitbob

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 01:20 am
I strongly agree with MRT76. The patient should always come first. Nursing is much different than working in a factory. Who would take care of the patients during a nursing strike, the doctors? Hahaha

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Anyone waiting on a strike?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:11:34