hospitals to stay awaaaaay from

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » hospitals to stay awaaaaay from

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 06:07 pm
hospitals to stay awaaaaay from
I thought that I would give a heads up on some hospitals that Ive been at and definitely will NOT go back to
1. All hospitals in LASVegas except CHW.. yes really like Sunrise to name one is the only hospital where ive seen 3 travelers Quit in 2 weeks. In several years I had never seen 1 quit until that place. last I heard they had a 75% traveler staffing percentage and still they mess with their regular employee,s
Siena was a nice hospital there and there is a new CHW hospital up and running so if you must go to vegas check only those or you will be sorry.. Valley health-UHS and the sunrise owned hospitals are really bad unless 9:1 is your forte'
2.. I read about washoe Med, in Reno changing names and some xp from RN,s there. they are true and it is a place to avoid. a real lowlife administration. I have Many friends that have been there and all say the same thing about this place,, Just their new name will show you how arrogant they are,,...lol..sorry I cant remember what it was but its like- best in the world med center..haha. Ill post more later with GOOD ones to..

1Heart

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 03:37 pm
Washoe Med (Renown) mgmt filed a petition to commit one of their employees (a nurse/counselor) involuntarily (Washoe District Court case #FV06-01523). Since they send their nurses with substance abuse probs to their own out-patient psych treatment (Renown Behavioral Health) along with their public patients, there is some question as to whether they will commit you involuntarily to get you in there! So if anyone has any substance abuse issues at all, get the heck away from that hospital asap.

Medic 1

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2007 10:52 pm
Hey I was considering going to Vegas next year. Please keep me updated on WHERE not to go.
Sad

FROG2

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:51 pm
THE NIGHTMARE OF 2
I HAVE TO SAY THE 2 MOST AWFUL HOSPITALS OF MY TRAVEL ASSIGNMENTS HAVE BEEN.....MORENO VALLEY,CALIFORNIA AND LA PLATA MD.
BY FAR THE WORSE IS LA PLATA I SPEAK FOR THE ER SETTING BUT IT IS AWFUL.THE FULL TIME STAFF (NIGHTS)HAVE 2 GROUPS AND THEY ARE ALWAYS FIGHTING AMONG THEMSELVES AND THE CHARGE NURSES ARE LIKE THE LEADER OF EACH LITTLE GROUP.IT IS LIKE WATCHING HIGHSCHOOL GIRLS/BOYS .THEY HATE TRAVELERS!!!!!THEY WILL HAVE 3 FULL TIMERS FLOATING WITH ALL THE PTS DISTRIBUTED BETWEEN THE TRAVELERS.SAVE YOURSELF 13 WEEKS OF ANGER AND BOREDOM CAUSE AFTER WORKING IN THIS SETTING THERE IS NOTHING TO DO.

sillysal69

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 09:10 pm
Washoe Med is definetely a place to stay away from. Bad Bad stories coming from there. I havn't had any personal experience but I have many friends that have been there and absolutely hated it for one reason or another.

1Heart

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 01:17 am
Believe it or not, I got an obscene phone call from WASHOE MED this morning. I won't say who. But they laughed at me when I called and tried to report it. Even though I have proof. They don't care.

RV Traveller

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 09:09 am
where not to go
I agree about Moreno Valley, luckily my company had already broken the contract so I only spent 2 weeks there. Also bad is Hemet Valley do to under staffing and high patient population in the only hospital in a community with a fast growing population. Travelers, as usual get the worse assignments with little help from aids. An Emergency Room quick to transfer patients anywhere just to get them out. Sometimes telly has more critical care patients than ICU. Not a good assignment

airmedic911

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 07:29 am
Washoe
Washoe was my first travel assignment three years or so ago. Went there with Fastaff. Loved everything about it there. I worked the ER. Great people and the best money I've ever made on a travel assignment. Reno is a great place to be if you like the outdoors, close to the California mountains, and lots of activities in Reno as well. Would work at Washoe again for sure.
rj

LGLee2

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 06:32 pm
JOHN GEORGE PSYCHIATRIC (A PART OF ALAMEDA COUNTY HOSPITAL) PAVILLION IN SAN LEANDRO CALIFORNIA IS ONE TO STAY AWAY FROM THEY TREAT TRAVELER'S LIKE DIRT UNDER THEIR FEET. TALK ABOUT YOU WITH YOU STANDING RIGHT THERE AND TURN AROUND AND ASK YOU TO PULL AN EXTRA SHIFT. NOT A LOT OF HELP WITH VIOLENT PATIENTS EITHER

debhal15

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 04:45 pm
Have traveled to many hospitals throughout my career and one of the worst I've been to is Good Samaritan in San Jose, Ca. Treat travelers like scum of the earth. Travelers get all the worst patients all the time, you are the first to float...I had in one 12 hr night floated 4 times. A little much. Even the patients say things like" I have had 6 nurses today".
Now where is the continuity of care here??? The staff says it really bad...but does nothing to fix it....they just keep up their same old routines. The management could care less about the patient, families or staff. It is a HCA hospital. Stay away from them all is what I've been told. HCA is one of the hospitals in New Orleans that had to write a book about themselves to try to clear their name ...the book was pretty good...but what they preceive themselves to be is not what they are!Valley Medical in San Jose is suppose to be one of the worst...pays very very well...but even the recruiters have wisened up and tell the nurses its a bad place. I did not meet one Traveler in San Jose that renewed their contracts. Money isn't everything...one has to consider the stress levels and your sanity too. If a nurse is highly stressed she tends to carry that over to the patient., not purposely...but it does carry over. The pharmacy there sucks too. Nurses have to leave the floor all the time to get pt meds because they don't have time to get it to you. Just in my opinion a HELL HOLE!!!

tommytimbertoes

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 10:03 pm
Stay away from Calvert Memorial in Prince Fredrick MD also. ER Is out of control. They abuse Travlers

MrB1176

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 03:33 pm
Stay Away!
Lawnwood Medical Center (FORT PIERCE)
This is a HCA facility while on assignment in their ICU it is nothing to for them to float you to there PCU with 7 patients. And if your lucky enough to stay in the unit and work there are triples everyday. The unit is 18 beds and I have seen as many as 5 triples in one night along with the charge nurse having a patient as well. Along with this the nursing supervisor is no help and for patient safety on sicker patients has no knowledge of the outside area nor resources.

rainydayrn

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 03:47 pm
stay away from ..
Hutchinson KS--The town, the hospital....lots of back stabbing among employees, float you constantly, in a word--awful. Crying or Very sad

St Vincent's in Santa Fe, NM: Started out great. Stayed here a long time; however, new policies and new administrators are causing lots of problems. Would wait and see how things turn out before signing on anytime soon. More fireworks down the road.

accord5speed

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 04:32 am
This is a good thread, any more hospitals? Particularly in California?

So the list goes:

Washoe,
Moreno valley,
Hemet Valley,
Lawnwood Medical Center,
Calvert Memorial,G
ood Samaritan in San Jose, Ca.,
Valley Medical in San Jose,
JOHN GEORGE PSYCHIATRIC ,
LA PLATA MD

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » hospitals to stay awaaaaay from
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 03:02:43