1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Snowbird Nursing

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

DMuren

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 12:57 pm
Snowbird Nursing
Hi,

I just recently finished up my first assignment in Brunswick, Maine which was awesome! I am an RN very new to travel nursing. I would like to travel next to somewhere warm. Maybe Arizona, Florida, or California. If anyone does the snowbird nursing thing and has any suggestions of where I should look I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

oaba35

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 08:53 pm
Snowbird Nursing
I've been on assignment in Phoenix since mid-August. This was my first travel assignment and I've had a great time. The area and the people have been wonderful. The winter months are the best time to be out here. The temperatures are perfect (upper 50's to 70's) for outdoor activities. There's a lot to see (I've been to Grand Canyon, Montezuma Castle, Red Rock State Park). Also a lot of cultural and entertainment opportunities (been to classical concerts, rock concerts, and the ballet). I enjoy mountain biking and hiking and there are tons of trails out here to explore. I'm a life-long east-coaster so I was a little worried about coming this far west but I don't regret it for a minute; it's been a great "vacation"!

SueJoy1955

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 06:42 am
Snowbird Nursing
My wife and I are new to Travel Nursing, Her being the Nurse, me being 1st Husband Smile We are preparing for our first assignment to Arizona and encountered a problem that most are probably not aware of either. If you are an RV'r and plan on staying at RV parks, Be aware that the majority of the Parks/Resorts are limited to the 55+ Retirees. This has proved to be quite a headache for us, so if you are under age 55, do some serious research as to where you plan on living while you're there. Also alot of the parks require your RV to be no more than 10 years old. Good Luck!
JJ...1st Husband(Driver, Cook, Launderer, etc.)

RNurse

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 01:31 am
Thanks for the advice. My husband was suggesting taking the RV on my next assignment. He stayed home for my first. He had suggested Phoenix but thats a good thing to know about the RV parks.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Snowbird Nursing
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 07:20:25