Help me! I've never traveled before....

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Help me! I've never traveled before....

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 09:06 am
Help me! I've never traveled before....
Hey all...I was hoping those of you who have experience traveling could help me with regards to what company to use. Right now I've done online apps with Cross Country Travel Corps and American Traveler...any thoughts?

nightcat

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 03:35 pm
So far I've been happy with Core Medical Group, recruiter is Ally Zarumba. On my third contract with them and they've handled any issues that have come up (very few). email me if you want more info: [email protected] Smile

skay

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 11:42 am
I am about half way through my first travel assignment, and I have learned a lot by just talking to other travellers. There are so many companies out there, it really depends on what you are looking for in a company. Don't settle for a contract that you are not totally happy with. and don't totally trust agencies for their opinions. I was not expereinced and I settled for a contract asking my recruiter if she thought this was the best I could do. Of course she said yes cause they make a ton of money when you sign a contract. When I got to my placement I found out there were nurses making way more an hour than me. Ask lots of questions and be totally happy with the contract before you sign.
I have been using Procare USA they are OK, other nurses have told me about HRN and Agostini. Good luck!

Deirdre 1

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 05:58 pm
Travel Companies...
Hello there fellow RN's...

I used Procare USA, very nice, caring people.

I am currently with HRN,which are really good for being able to go all over, excet Hawaii. Now, if you use your common sense, and like a previous poster mentioned ask lots of questins, you will be ok. Remember to put any and all prebooked days off that you have plans for, ensure it is in your contract.

I got stuck with a 6 month contract in a hosptal with so much management issues, crabby people who tend to insult you and bring you down. Hate it.

(do not take an assignment in CCDH in Los Angeles)

Otherwise, happy travels...Would like to know of really great places any of you have had though...

Cibola General Hospital in Grants NM was incredible, small, but really super people. Danbury Hospital was awesome, in Connecticut. Northern Maine was small, and management was crap, but the RN's on nights were the best...Lots of fun!

Later, Dee

ciking

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 08:28 pm
travel nursing
I am about to go on my first travel assignment- 13 weeks at a city I requested- the agency- Access nurses has been wonderful with me. Very attentive, other agencies I had contacted could not get me an assignment where I wanted to go. And they got me an excellent rate. So far I am very impressed. I received their name from another travel nurse that I have known for over a year, and she has nothing but good to say about them.... and they pay weekly, an added bonus for me. Very Happy

DWebb

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 01:06 am
Re: Travel Companies.
Deirdre wrote:
Hello there fellow RN's

Hi, Your response caught my eye cause I am from New Mexico, and now looking to go back as a Traveler. What hospital were you saying was cranky? Was that in New Mexico? I`m thinking about Albuquerque, with Access. I am an OR nurse, there seems to be alot to pick from, its gonna come down to which company pays the most to get there I think. Have you heard anything about Albuquerque? I have my 14 year old son with me so I think Grants would be out. There are a couple of good high schools in Albuquerque.I`d appreciate any news on Albuquerque you may have. Thanks!! DeeDee Webb

pstan

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 06:11 pm
CROSSCOUNTRY
AVOID THIS COMPANY...PLEASE...TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU THIS...POOR COMPANY HIDDEN FEE'S...LOTS OF PROBLEMS

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Help me! I've never traveled before....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 02:08:08