thinking of a radical change!!!!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » thinking of a radical change!!!!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 02:20 pm
thinking of a radical change!!!!
hi there,
i'm thinking of moving to australia to work, hoping someone on this forum has done it.
i've just got out of an 8 year relationship and need to spread my wings again and do something a bit radical. Twisted Evil
already live miles away from family so thats not an issue, its just i dont know of anyone thats done it on their own and i'm a tad apprehensive, but also dont want to miss the opportunity cos i was too scared!!
Any comments gratefully appreciated
nikki x

Damon1960

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 12:45 am
Nursing in Australia
Hi

I currently work in a 110 bed hospital in northern NSW Australia. The highest paid state in Aust is NSW. The wages are average and it is only penalty rates that keep them reasonable. The public health is under staffed, under resourced and suffer terminal morale problems. Thats not to say that there are not some lovely and great places to work. I guess it depends your area of speciality and what it is you want from your experience.

I am currently looking to take on a position in the Middle East. Like you I am coming out of a relationship, which I have now sorted and and moving forward. So I am look for money and travel. As well a different cultural experience. Australia is becoming very Americian and personal safety is not something that you should take for granted here.

If you want to know some sites for jobs and agencies let me know.

Have fun.

Very Happy

kimmiejs

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 06:33 pm
Re: thinking of a radical change!!!!
nichola.mills wrote:
hi there,
i'm thinking of moving to australia to work, hoping someone on this forum has done it.
i've just got out of an 8 year relationship and need to spread my wings again and do something a bit radical. Twisted Evil
already live miles away from family so thats not an issue, its just i dont know of anyone thats done it on their own and i'm a tad apprehensive, but also dont want to miss the opportunity cos i was too scared!!
Any comments gratefully appreciated
nikki x

I am actually in the process of moving back to Perth Western Australia at the end of the year. I would recommend any that gets the chance to work in Australia to go for it. I will be returning to the hospital that I worked at back in 1999. Even though my husband is an Australian citizen and our children have dual citizenship I still have to go through the paperwork. I am being sponsored by the hospital I worked at under a 457 work class visa. This Visa gives me up to 4 years to work in Australia. Once we relocate at the end of the year I will also begin working on my residency visa. Good luck. Don't pass up on the chance to work in Australia. If you do more than likely you will really regret it :wink:

samj1

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 08:43 pm
Nikki x, let us know how it works out. I would also love to go there for an assisgnment.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » thinking of a radical change!!!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 08:42:01