Working in Dubai INFORMATION

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Working in Dubai INFORMATION

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 11:07 am
Working in Dubai INFORMATION
Hi there!
I am a nurse working in Abu Dhabi in the UAE - it's about 1+1/2 hours drive from Dubai. I've seen the emails asking how it is over here so I thought I let you know my experience.
I've been here since 2002 and am loving it! My salary is ok, usually they're similar to ones in the UK but each person is different, much of it goes on years of experience in approved/recognised hospitals. Accomodation is usually provided, but do check cos the rental prices here are rocketing at the moment. The lifestyle is great. Travel to parts of the world which would cost a fortune from home is cheap. The expat community is huge, making friends is easy. Most hospitals offer in house continuous education, but they're not really up on internationally recognised study courses yet, nor in giving study time. Go for the bigger hospitals (in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Dubai) as they give better shift schedules, packages & salaries.
Be aware there's a lot of red tape to get through to work here. From date of application to date of starting work can take anywhere from 3 to 9 months. Also, be prepared to bargin for your salary if you're not initially happy with it. It might not work, but if you're planning to refuse the offer based on the salary, give it a try.
You don't have to use an agency to apply, you can apply direct to the recruitment department of your chosen hospital directly. If you choose to use an agency, certainly don't choose one which charges you.
Can't think of much else to tell you right now, except; get that CV up to date & come over!!

Damon1960

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 06:17 am
Thanks for the information.
Hi there, thanks for the insight. I am thinking about an offer to work it the Al Rahab Hosp. Can you give me any idea as to if this would be a sensible thing to do. I believe the offer should be a level six, step 7. What else do I need to ensure is on the employment offer. I have had my paperwork in for credentialling for 4 weeks now, how long did it take you?

Where are you originally from, would love to chat more with you about lifestyle etc. If you want to send me an email [email protected]

Hope to hear from you, we can catch up when I get there and have a coffee.
Very Happy

adsa

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 10:46 am
Hi!!
Hello There! Are you a Filipino? I'm just wondering, because I'm also from the Philippines and wants to work there too. Can you tell me the full details.. Please, Please..I'm just a fresh graduate and just passed the Local Board Exam last July 19. I would really want to get there, hope you could help me about this.. Thank you so much! You can email me at [email protected] God Blessed You!

Damon1960

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 12:16 am
Australian
Sorry I am Australian, feel free to email me at [email protected] I will tell you what and how I got the position in UAE.

Very Happy

jackstone

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 05:24 am
Hi UAE nurse. Have you had work experience when you first applied in the UAE? Would you know by any chance if there are opportunities for fresh graduates? I am from the Philippines.

Scottie71

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 06:41 pm
Psychiatric Nursing in Dubai
Hi,
I am planning on going to work in Dubai later this year. I am a Band 6 (old G grade) mental health nurse with 4 years qualification. Have worked on acute and neuropsychiatric in-patient wards, psychiatric liaison at A&E, outreach in a prison and Home Treatment Teams. Any tips on good hospitals or agencies to contact to utilise this type of experience. Regards

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Working in Dubai INFORMATION
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 08:09:49