HCA Hospitals

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » HCA Hospitals

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 05:10 pm
HCA Hospitals
I am wondering if anyone has worked for a HCA hospital and what your opinion of them is.

Thanks.

tinuvel

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 11:29 am
HCA and Nursing in Florida
I have worked on staff for HCA hospital for 4 years and several more through daily agency and then a travel assignment...all in florida. There is a float policy that they make agency or travelers sign...this means that if you are contracted in critical care you end up working as the hospital float out of the 12 weeks I got to work the unit 5 shifts and the rest on the time i floated to the Orthopedic floor with a pt load of 10-12 patients! This is typical of HCA hospitals in FL...I have been here for >9 years and have heard this story over and over from fellow nurses staff and agency alike...Florida is experiancing a huge nursing shortage and an expanding elderly population. The cost of housing, insurance and taxes have doubled over the past 2 years with no reflection in nursing wages... new grads start out at double our wages up north... teachers, policemen and nurses have been priced out of the housing market here in Florida!

ridinrn

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 10:53 pm
re: HCA Hospitals
I worked for a HCA hospital in Fla on staff for 9 years, ICU, then travelled to HCA hospital in Las Vegas, where I am presently on assignment, extended x 1. I find both hospitals similarusing same charting, EMAR, etc. Made it easy for me to travel, especially as my first travel assignment ever. HCA in my opionion treats travelers well. Yes Fla is understaffed terribly. And, travelers are well appreciated. Las Vegas HCA has been a great first assignment. Perhaps I'm a bit green, but I really feel a positive attitude makes the best of any lemonade. I worked in Fla in some really busy, trying times in my unit, but still didn't mind it that much. HCA is not bad.

NightshiftRN

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 06:18 am
HCA Hospitals
I've worked for HCA for about 5 years. My hospital is smaller than those in Florida. However, where I work, you cannot be pulled to a level of care that you are not skilled in working. It's your voice and you need to make it heard, and above all else, it's your liscense. Rolling Eyes

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » HCA Hospitals
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 12:29:15