Anyone with Aureus

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Anyone with Aureus

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 09:05 am
Anyone with Aureus
Hi everybody. My friend and I just joined Aureus Medical and will start an assignment in Cali in 2 weeks. I consider myself very lucky to be able to travel and work with a friend that I have already worked with for several years.. We both left our hospital after 15 yrs due to the poorly managed ER. Great nurses and doctors but nurse manager is hell bent on running all the good nurses away. If anyone interested in the Pa area (why would you..right?) avoid Warren General. They are now looking to hire travlers to replace us. I also have a friend that worked for Aureus for several yrs and loved them..Any input would be great..Thanks and happy traveling everybody.

soupman77

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 05:33 am
beware of Aureus Medical!
My wife and I went with Aureus for one, and I mean ONE, assignment this summer. We needed a job and they got us a job, not much else. The recruiter's name was Joe P. From the start he was really helpful, then I started noticing that we had to do all the work. It seemed that we were "jumping through hoops" to get everything done for these people. I have worked with On Assignment for 3yrs and only went with Aureus because I needed something immediately. Aureus never seemed to be available, made promices and never followed thru, our houseing was worse than section 8 (actually refused to place my belongings, though could'nt totally blame them, just got my own housing). Pay seemed good at first, then the first check, they will "nickel and dime" you for every little thing, all said, we didn't get paid crap, and they are horrible on paying on time. Best advice, don't. When I told them that I would no longer be traveling with them, they became defensive, even shifted me around to different recruiters to "wear me down". So, in the end its up to you. How much can you take?

newpath55

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 06:27 pm
first assignment
i am going on my first travel assignment with aureus. they seem nice and i actually am going to be at a hospital that a nurse i worked with on staff here in south carolina is traveling to at this time. they have gotten me first class acomodations , i mean no one h as ever done that for me. a fully furnished corp housing with dishes, sheets, alarm clock, etc. i only need to bring my suitcase. also my friend that is already there said she gets paid every friday, no problems. i hope this will be good. i am sorry the other person had such a bad time. 8)

wedgeRN

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 02:44 pm
aureus
I have worked with Aureus for 2 1/2 years and do not have one complaint. The housing has always been great, just show up with my clothes and go to work. They were very supportive when I needed to terminate a contract early. I get weekly calls from my manager to make sure things are still going well. I have recruited staff nurses to Aureus and they have also been very happy.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Anyone with Aureus
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 12:45:45