cancel travel contrac

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » cancel travel contrac

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 02:56 pm
cancel travel contrac
I'm a longtime traveler and for the first time I need to cancel a contract. The hospital in California that I'm working at is doing medicare fraud, unethical practices, management is horrible travelers are getting fired left in right for all kinds of problems. This hospital has also gone as far as reporting people to the Board of Nursing. Apparently they've sold ACLS cards without a proper class etc.... among many other thing's. My housing is through my travel company. I don't wan't to owe housing and there are no other travel assignments in the area. Please help.
Any suggestions.....

Born2RunRN

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 12:10 pm
WOW!

What is your travel company telling you? I would like to think that considering those situations that your agency would back you 100%! You didn't mention if you had contacted them yet or not, if not I would do so ASAP and tell them what is going on. If everything is so unsafe, I would hope that they would work with you on that. If you have anything that you can prove to them, I would think that they would not want the liability of something coming back on them if anything happens to you. If your company is unwilling to help you, I would look into other companies and secure yourself another spot somewhere with the new company before canceling with your current one.
Once you receive a contract with another company,and in another locale, then cancel this contract and let them bill you for the housing and dispute the housing bill legally if you have to based on these circumstances at a later date.
That way, you will at least be at another assignment and housed before you hae to deal with this.

Good luck!
Keep us posted!

Denise

traveler99

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:51 pm
cancel contract
you have to watch for retaliation from any hospital that bad, you may have to come up with a "family emergency" or something. when you get away, let us know where it is

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » cancel travel contrac
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 11:50:52