BACKGROUND CHECK PLEASE READ URGENT REPLY NEEDED

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » BACKGROUND CHECK PLEASE READ URGENT REPLY NEEDED

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 10:35 pm
BACKGROUND CHECK PLEASE READ URGENT REPLY NEEDED
Hi! I know this may be a stupid question as I had one done 4 years ago and everything was fine, however I am returning to travel and have to do another one here real soon.

My issue is that I ended up getting a DUI 2 years ago after being at a charity medical event at a nightclub in Florida and the assumption is that I had my drink laced with something. I had 1 and 1/2 drinks over a 3 hour time period and had to work in AM. Last I remember is leaving club and next thing is waking up in jail after I had wrecked my car (twice), did a sobriety test, strip searched in jail and already seen the judge for an arraignment the next morning before I woke up. I luckily did not injure anyone or anything except for my car, but I am stuck with a DUI.

My hospital at the time was aware of it, as well as the Florida Board of Nursing and it did not affectmy license renewal at all. I just came to St Louis where I had a lapsed license and I submitted my court documents and they had no problem issuing a license. I am now looking into 2 different travel companies to start work here. Both of the companies know about the DUI and they are not concerned with it either.

But, my problem really is this: I have been ill alot over the last year and in and out of hospital frequently and the doctors have not completely come to a firm diagnosis yet. All I know is that it is defintely an autoimmune thing but they are still sorting itout. Sarcoidosis is the front runner at this time. I mention all of this because it is because of being sick, that I have not been able to get all my fines paid related to the DUI since I am not working. My drivers license has slipped into suspension status for failure to pay the fines, and because I am behind on my payments, there is an active warrant out for me for nonpayment.

Will this affect my getting a position? I am in a catch 22 because I can't pay them without working and I may not be able to work if I cant pay them. I know that once the fines are paid, the warrant will go away. I just dont have any funds right now and there isnt anyone I can get the money for it. I am estranged from all of my family except my brother and he is letting me stay with him temporarily but he doesnt have any extra cash. I am down to my last $100 and need to start ASAP. I have already been submitted to hospitals from 2 different companies and I am expecting a phone interview with one hospital on Monday and the plan is for me to be working in the next 10 days. The background check has not been submitted yet. Both companies say that after they have an accepted contract, then they do the background check. I know the checks take like 7-10 business days to get results and I have been told that not having the results back prior to a start date is not a big deal. I am hoping to get lucky because these companies pay weekly and I can have the warrant paid off with one paycheck. I owe $950 in fines.

Does anyone know if that will prevent them from letting me work? I am half hopeful that because it is only for nonpayment that there would not be that much weight given to it. Nonpayment versus like a wanted person warrant.

If anyone has any information, please, PLEASE post it here, or email me directly at [email protected]

Thank you so much for your time.

Denise

peaches 1

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 04:04 pm
DUI.
Go for the job, any job you can get. I don't think this will affect your getting a job at all, really. You did not get caught drinking at work. I am from Florida, and I can tell you that is a bad state to get a DUI in. I know a lot of nurses in Florida, including ones who got DUI's and got caught with drugs, and they are all still working. You could do community service to pay off the fine, but since you are moving out of state to work, get a job as quickly as you can and pay it. You already have the DUI and the warrant, you can't hide it, so tell them what you told us, you have to work to pay the fine.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » BACKGROUND CHECK PLEASE READ URGENT REPLY NEEDED
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 02:32:15