HEY EASTCOASTNER

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » HEY EASTCOASTNER

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 08:09 am
HEY EASTCOASTNER
I READ YOUR NOTE ABOUT ACCESS NURSES AND ALL THE GREAT BENEFITS THEY OFFER. I JUST WONDER IF PERHAPS I AM JUST NOT ASKING FOR THE RIGHT THINGS BECAUSE WHEN I ADD UP THE NUMBERS I DON'T MAKE MUCH. I AM AN RN WHO SPECIALIZES IN MED/TELE HAVE FOR 10 YEARS. THEY HAVE NOT OFFERED MORE THAN 28HR AND I AM NOT TAKING HEALTH BENEFITS. TRAVEL EXPENSE IS 450 BOTH WAYS AND UTILITIES 100 A MONTH IS ALL THIS FAIR OR AM I BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF DUE TO BEING A FIRST TIMER. MY RECRUITER IS MIKE AND HE TALKS REAL SMOOTH BUT HE CAN'T GIVE ME ANSWERS I WANT. I AM ALONE AND WANTED MY FIRST ASSIGNMENT TO BE SMOOTH BUT NOW HE TELLS ME AT THE LAST MINUTE THAT I WILL HAVE TO GO TO SACRAMENTO FIRST TO GET MY LICENCE AND THEN BACK TO SAN DIEGO THIS IS A REAL ORDEAL FOR ME DRIVING ALONE IN A STRANGE PLACE ALSO, IS THIS THE WAY IT IS ALL THE TIME. I HAVE TRIED TO FIND A TRAVEL BUDDY BUT NOT LUCK YET. YOU REALLY SOUND LIKE YOU TRUST THEM AND I WOULD LOVE YOUR IMPUT. I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IS INVOLVED IN GETTING YOUR LICENCE AND ARE THE STATE LICENCE PLACES ALWAYS LOCATED IN THE CAPITAL OF EACH STATE. THANKS, BONNIE

DONOGOOD

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 10:32 am
hey houstongirl
CONGRATS on your first assignment. As I will be a first time traveler to the California area also. I had a travel buddy but now that all the required paperwork is done she backed out of the deal. So now I will have to travel alone. Maybe we can communicate with each other since we both are first time travelers. Also I'm with a company that pays much more than $28/hr. I checked with several companies and there were several who only paid $28/hr but I found a company that paid more. If you want, contact me at [email protected]

ICUtravelin

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:36 pm
Hey- I traveled with Access Nurses to a Med/Surg unit at USF in Nor Cal a couple years ago and I got $32/hr . I am now in the ICU and make more, but I know pay depends on the location/area. You know, I had a great relationship with my recruiter, but if your aren't happy with your current recuiter I'm sure you can always ask to switch. No company would wants you to be unhappy. I worked with Lindsay D at Access, I bet she's still there too. I hope this helps!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » HEY EASTCOASTNER
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 06:25:02