1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Trustaff? Yay or nay?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

nursekt

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:25 am
Trustaff? Yay or nay?
Hi all,
I'm shopping around for the best agency that can offer me the most $$$. Any input on an agency called Trustaff? They seem very friendly and the benefits/compensation is great. I'm a NICU RN. Any other suggestions for agencies?

malenurse

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 05:09 pm
Trustaff rubbed me the wrong way. When I brought it up in the ER at the hospital that I was working with, a couple of nurses actually worked with them said that they had a terrible experience with them. They too thought they were friendly and helpful, until they signed the contract. Then it went downhill. They over promised and only delivered frusturations. A coworker recommended Access Nurses and I can not be more impressed. I love my recruiter, Brooke. From what I can tell, all of the people there are amazing.

tori 1

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 09:25 pm
I have heard several things about them as well. Just wondering about the tax program they offer.

NurseDirk

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 01:41 pm
trustaff
Hello guys,

I too traveled with trustaff but i thoroughly enjoyed my experience. The tax advantage program worked great for me because i stayed with my college room mate while on assignment in Texas and was able to put all the money for housing back into my pay check. I plan on going to the Virgin Islands in September with them. My recruiter is Kara Schaufert and she is definitely a seasoned veteran when it comes to taking care of her nurses. I would definitely recommend her services in finding a travel assignment.

joeRN

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 05:21 pm
As an RN who's been traveling for years, take it from me, Access Nurses is the best company to work with. They've been so good to me.

I spoke with a recruiter at Trustaff when I was first searching around for a company and wasn't really impressed. I never got quick responses and they couldn't offer as high of paying jobs as Access.

Good luck!

NurseDirk

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 03:33 pm
Yeah, i guess what is comes down to - is that there is no company who is going to make 100% of their nurses happy while i am sure they try. I am quite sure there are nurses out there who have not been happy with Access's services just like there ones that weren't happy with trusatff. I suggest finding a recruiter who you feel comfortable with and go with it, like i have done with Kara at trustaff.

NurseDirk

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 01:06 pm
i have heard good things about CrossCountry as well, they just don't offer the pay rates that trustaff does.

turtle 1

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 10:41 am
Beware the Travel Company employees who pose as members
When discussing travel agencies, PLEASE NOTICE the "join date" of the member who defends a certain company or hospital that has been criticized. You'll notice the join date in the same as the reply date. The Nurse Travel companies are putting people on nurse forum sites who pose as members but who are only on the site to refute criticism. They are well aware that travel nurses will tell other nurses about bad experiences they've had and are trying to "put one over" on us nurses. PAY ATTENTION TO JOIN DATES and REPLIES.

We nurses stick together...abuse us at your peril.

windycity 1

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 11:14 pm
I traveled with Access and have to say that they ended up pocketing a lot of money. I realized this when I talked to the other travelers there who were making 10 more dollars an hour. I was in california and they have different labor laws which affect overtime pay and this wasn't explained to me correctly by access. All agencies are in it to make money, they're a business. Best bet is to look around at a lot of agencies and then negotiate. It's business, negotiate them against each other and it's amazing at what better offers you'll get.

joeRN

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 11:40 am
windycity wrote:
I traveled with Access and have to say that they ended up pocketing a lot of money. I realized this when I talked to the other travelers there who were making 10 more dollars an hour. I was in california and they have different labor laws which affect overtime pay and this wasn't explained to me correctly by access. All agencies are in it to make money, they're a business. Best bet is to look around at a lot of agencies and then negotiate. It's business, negotiate them against each other and it's amazing at what better offers you'll get.

I agree that nurse agencies are a business first and foremost, and that's why negotiating and being clear about your expectations is so important. I'm sorry that you weren't happy at Access. I've been with them for years and my recruiter always gets me great assignments. I'm always honest with her about what I need and she doesn't bother trying to sell me assignments that don't pay what I want. If you're still looking around at companies, feel free to give my recruiter a call. Her name is Jessica. Seriously, she's amazing!

dragonflier

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 07:59 am
Tru Staff/ Virgin Islands
I contemplated a contract in St. Thomas, VI with TruStaff. They were not very upfront with me about the hospital or the pay. I told the recruiter that I would not sign a contract without speaking to someone who is or had recently worked there. They gave me two numbers to call and finally someone returned my call after two weeks. Evidently the situation in VI is horrific! It is a government funded hospital, which means if they run out of funding halfway through the month and you are out of supplies.......too bad, you make due with what you have. The hospital does not always have hot water or a/c. Also the pay was NOT what I was quoted by the recruiter, and living expenses there are higher than Hawaii. The nurse I spoke to said she averaged $20/hr. where the recruiter told me to expect $40. I wouldn't trust them.
Trish

Judyth

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 07:01 pm
Trustaff
TRUSTAFF is one of the absolute worst of travel nursing agencies! My recruiter talks and acts like a pyramid-scheme salesman, never lets you get a word in, contradicts himself (lies?); it's impossible to talk with him; all you can do is listen to him rattle on and try to blow you away with words. He is extremely verbally abusive one minute and the next is trying to tell you everything is just great, a real split personality! They brought me to a one location and two days later I was told the hospital decided they didn't need all the nurses they requested so I was sent home. I barely had time to repack before I was whisked off to what I was told was a highly desirable location that turned out to be the hospital from hell, not just for nurses but for patients. A month of dealing with Trustaff gave me such continuous, horrific stress that I wound up deathly ill--literally. I actually nearly died. In addition, Trustaff hasn't reimbursed me for any of my expenses, including licenses and says they won't pay me for the hours I did work since I became ill. They are just eager to get me working again ASAP so I can make money for them. Working with Trustaff has felt like working with a pimp for nurses.

Jones32

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2016 07:16 pm
I am new to this site but been in nursing since 1987 and I used to travel as an LPN until I came across Trustaff. It was the most scary and worst experience I've ever had in my entire life. I started travelling in 2006 with another company first to Vermont. Short story the company that initially sent me to Vermont lied about housing and rental car options which was a part of my contract. I left them 2 weeks into my 13 week contract and went with Trustaff, hearing about them from another travel nurse at the facility in Vermont that I met and became friends with. Trustaff finished out my contract there and it was ok at first. The second assignment I went on with trustaff was to Hawaii. Got the airfare and housing set up for me no problem. Obtained my temporary license and went to work at a small nursing home facility there. I encountered unpleasant welcoming due to my stature and race. After my second shift, I was informed by trustaff that my services were no longer needed. I was the tallest, fit African American nurse that they had obviously seen because I was referred to as an Amazon. Three or four days went by with Trustaff trying to get to the bottom of why they cancelled my contract. Never got a straight answer for that but I knew. It was racial yet I wasn't offended. I was just happy to be in Hawaii so needless to say I enjoyed myself while trustaff was trying to find me another assignment. Nothing came thru so I just asked them to send me home because I never got a full week in to be paid, I only worked 2 shifts 12 hours. I was spending and splurging on my own money. Trustaff left me stranded in Hawaii and it took me 5 weeks to get the money together with my family back in Georgia to get me a one way plane ticket home. They never paid me, they abandoned me, they haven't even apologized. I filed a complaint with the BBB on Trustaff because after the 3 week they wouldn't even accept my calls. I kept getting sent to voicemail. I don't wish bad on anybody but that company is going to reap what they have sowed. I don't trust them and I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. BEWARE OF TRUSTAFF.

Greglim

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2016 01:30 pm
Sounds awful! You could probably win a lawsuit with some of these stories. Has anyone reported any of these problems to authorities or tried to sue? I'll definitely steer clear.

gypsyRN

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 04:15 pm
@Jones32,
I am in the process of bring a class action lawsuit against Trustaff and Travelers Haven (they are the same company). Lost wages, unpaid wages, and over-charging for housing. Would you be interested or know someone who might. There will be no money up front, but you will need to provide documentation to the attorneys.

gypsyRN

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 04:18 pm
@Judyth,
See my post for Jones32. I too had serious issues with Trustaff. I have found an attorney to help.

rnlucero07

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2017 03:21 pm
@gypsyRN,
Have u gone through with a lawsuit against them? I have had problems with them too, and I really question how they do the wages.

gypsyRN

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2017 06:52 pm
@rnlucero07,
Not yet. I have spoken with an attorney and he stated that there is enough evidence for a class action lawsuit. However, their office cannot take it on at this time. We have five victims ready to go when counsel has been secured. I just have't had time to do it yet - it's a lot of paperwork and phone calls.

gypsyRN

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2017 06:56 pm
@rnlucero07,
I actually have an email forwarded to me where the office manager stated that they can withhold paychecks if there is an issue with Travel Haven. Proving they are the same company.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Trustaff? Yay or nay?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 01:40:31