Advice on travel nursing in Wilmington, NC

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Advice on travel nursing in Wilmington, NC

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 10:40 am
Advice on travel nursing in Wilmington, NC
If anyone has any info on a good company to go with for jobs in Wilmington, NC I would appreciate it very much. I have heard that jobs there do not pay as well b/c more people are looking to live near the beach. I have never been a traveler and I have a family. I am possibly thinking of relocating to that area.

Also, if anyone knows a good place to work there that pays well, that info would be appreciated as well.

sailingRN

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 01:52 am
Depending on your specialty - the only hospital in Wilmington is called New Hanover Medical Center. The pay is not as much due to it being in the south not the influx of people to the beach area. I lived in Wilmington and my parents still live there. Over the past couple of years the city has felt a lot of growing pains. The construction is unbelievable and has taken much of the "small town charm" from the city. The hospital is located in a section that is all doctors offices and testing centers. The last time I was in Wilmington the hospital had several positions open - especially in the ER. My advice is to call several nursing companies and fell them out. I have seen Wilmington posted on several different sites. Definately take an assignment before you decide to live there!!

NCPEDZRN

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 05:36 pm
Wilmington, NC
If you are really interested in living and working in the coastal NC area, look up Cape Fear as well. Look at the nearby areas as well. I know Onslow Memorial is hiring via agency right now. Jacksonville is an hour away from Wilmington at best, and there are lots of places to live between the two. I lived in both places, and loved them both.[/b]

beachpremieRN

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 09:24 pm
Wilmington is a great place to work, I was there for aprox 3 yrs (New Hanover). Travel position are harder to get b/c of magnet status, at least when I left. Cape Fear is the Ortho Hospital, New Hanover has everything else. Pay is low all around, but the night shift and weekend diffs are helpful (for staff). Sorry don't have much info on travel pay. Good luck!

dolphinfan

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 01:03 am
I am a traveler with cirrus medical and david is the greatest recruiter in the world.I am currently @ carteret hospital in morehead city nc and I love it here.I am on my 3rd assignment here and I am 3 miles from the beach.I understand new hanover in wilmington recruits on and off.When they do I understand it is with cross country travelers.I also heard it is not an easy place to work. staff are not traveler friendly.craven in new bern nc is not a travel friendly hospital either.this facilty i am @ is 35 miles from jacksonville nc and the people are great!!!!I hope this info is helpful in some way.I would love to spread my wings the first of next year and go to the new england states.anybody been? they need travelers here if interested.

katejane

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 10:02 pm
morehead city
Morehead City??? my brother and sister in law stay on the beach near morehead... which hospital are you in??? What unit do you work???? Is it a big hospital??? My husband would love it if I took a contract in Morehead. Can you give me some idea how much they pay??? thanks

dcfrn

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 09:13 am
New England States
I am currently in Nantucket, MA for a 6 months contract. The hospital and the people here are great, but the cost of living is very expensive. The housing is lousy. It is hospital housing, they tell you it is a efficiency apartment, but it is a dorm room that is about 12x15. It would be okay for 3 months but 6 is a bit long. I will never, never sign another 6 month contract. It is very expensive to get to the island from the mainland. I would suggest highly the Boston area or Portland ME, it is beautiful and not as expensive to live and you get an apartment.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Advice on travel nursing in Wilmington, NC
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 10:32:52