TAX FREE Living

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » TAX FREE Living

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 11:10 am
TAX FREE Living
Anyone have advise on this tax free living stuff. I am going to be moving to NYC and renting an apartment there. My parent are still here in Syracuse and I was going to use them as my permanent address even thought I don't pay rent to them. I ahve been hearing a few things from a few people. One person said you have to have proff you pay something to your perm address and the other said as long as your parents will say your are paying there is not an issue. SO anyone with advice shoot it my way , thanks
Brian l

[email protected]

ganurse

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 03:37 am
I would definately check with YOUR tax accountant. Each state is different but I think you have to establish permanent residency somewhere (owning land or a house, paying bills like electric, voting in a specific district, etc)...but I would check with a professional regarding this. You don't want an "unexpected surprise" come April 15th
Good Luck

happycamper2005

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 11:56 pm
It is federal fraud if you use an address where you don't reside. Be careful. The feds are picking up on travel nursing. You will be putting your parents or whomever else you use for your illigal business in great jeobardy, as well as yourself. Definitelycheck with an accountant that is versed in travel nursing. You could also read about what residency intails by going to a federal tax office or probably on the web. There are many many travellers that claim residency illegally but feel it is OK and they get away with it but would you want to take a chance with the feds?! If you are away for more than a year at a time you will automatically be cut off from residency status and will be charged tax on your housing.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » TAX FREE Living
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:45:13