I want a better company!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » I want a better company!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 09:51 pm
I want a better company!
Hi to all fellow travelers--I have been a nurse for over 30 years and a traveler for 7 years. I am on my 3rd company and find that they are stingy with pay. I am in Tucson on assignment, working with another traveler who has been a nurse for less than 2 years and she is getting better pay. I approached my company about this, and they said their "apple to apple comparison" didn't justify increasing my pay. I want a company who will compensate for my years of experience. I am an ER nurse, but also do PACU. Anyone have any companies they can recommend?? Thanks

mich 1

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 10:42 am
What companies have you worked for, and what company do you presently work for? What do you consider stingy pay? Does the other nurse work for a travel company; if so which one?

shandel 1

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 06:07 pm
mich wrote:
What companies have you worked for, and what company do you presently work for? What do you consider stingy pay? Does the other nurse work for a travel company; if so which one?

I have worked for Cross Country (very impersonal and not supportive), Healthcare Everywhere (they were OK until you have a problem) and now American Traveler. I have been with them for 3 years and had a great recruiter who recently left. As far as "stingy"--I consider less than $30 "stingy". After 2 weeks of phone calls, I finally was able to get them to increase my pay to $30 an hour to match other travelers here. Other travelers here are with American Mobile (I have heard others say you have to fight for increased benefits with them), Trinity, and Medical Express (has merged with American Mobile).

mich 1

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 08:21 am
Thank you for the reply. I am a nurse considering beginning travel soon and am very nervous. I am unsure of what company to go with and appreciate anyone who can tell me companies to stay away from. I have been researching Nurses in Partnership, Cirrus Medical Staffing, and Dakota Med Temps. I agree with you; less than $30 is extremely stingy. I could stay home and make more than that and I live in one of the lower paying states in the nation. Although I want to travel for the experience of living in different areas, I do not want to leave home to make less money.

silverarabs

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 10:49 am
Travel companies
I have been working for Dakota Med Temps, they average $35.00 per hour, private housing, personable service from your recruiter,IRA employer matching and medical after first assignment completed. I am considering Integris Baptist Medical Center for a cardiovascular stepdown/ Telemetry float position, also float to Med surg position in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, ---Does Anyone know about this hospital or working conditions? Positive or negatives!!???? Please write [email protected].

dolphin8rn

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 10:22 pm
Shandel,
I am a nurse considering moving to the PACU can you tell me how you have liked working in that area.

mytoon38

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 01:23 am
Which office does David work out of?
Hi,

Which office does Dvid work out of? What is his last name? Maybe I need to call him! I had a woman recruiter! I rather not give her name, but she is very rude at times!

Thanks!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » I want a better company!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 09:11:10