Martin Luther King hospital, Los Angeles

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Martin Luther King hospital, Los Angeles

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 11:55 am
Martin Luther King hospital, Los Angeles
I am a traveler in CA now. I was offered a job in LA, but a bad area (inglewood). My housing would be in Marina Del Ray though. They are offering me 40.00/hr and all things paid. But the hospital seems shady. There is supposed to be a shuttle that can take me to my hospital from my apartment. (it could be shady too) Can anyone tell me if this hospital (MLK hopsital, LA) is worth that money? or should I buy a gun. I can't find much on the internet. I hope someone has insight. I work in postpartum, but any opinion would help. Thanks!

kpaniczko

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 10:39 pm
I am a travler in San Diego and was thinking about going to that hospital. I head that marina del ray is realy nice but the hospital is rough. Lots of trauma and gan wrefare. So be careful.

silverarabs

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 01:05 pm
MLK hospital
I have heard bad things about that hospital. JACHO also has faulted them. Nurses there set you up for a medication error to get rid of you, for example. Avoid this place. Also, I worked at LA County; General Hospital, it was a insane place to work. the nurses were great, the patients were great, but the mismanagement and lack of supply, lack of pharmacy doing their job, floating nurses to other units, sometimes 2-3 units per 12 hr. shift, INSANE!!!! Nurses deal with alot, but when it's constant insanity, there are better ways to live and work!!!

paigerizme

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 01:16 pm
This hospital has had major problems I dont think the money would be worth it. They have been fined and closed by JCAHO on two occasions in the past two yeears, the nurses have gone on strike, they had a RN walkout and the list goes on and on. Look under the LA TImes online they have run several stories on this hospital

paigerizme

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 01:21 pm

jehrn313

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 09:55 pm
okay then, not going there. Thank you all so much.

trey 1

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 04:01 pm
It's not as bad as you think
I went down to MLK yesterday to check it out for a traveller friend of mine. I talked to 3 different nurses that had been there for a while and all of them loved it. They said it had gotten bad press, but it was a great place to work. It seemed clean, safe, and friendly. So don't believe all you've heard about it.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Martin Luther King hospital, Los Angeles
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 06:32:34