Should I register with more than one travel agency?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Should I register with more than one travel agency?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 06:01 am
Should I register with more than one travel agency?
Is it a good idea to register with more than one travel nursing agency? Are you better off sticking with one? Even if you are traveling for a four week assignment, a month is a long time if you live or work someplace you don't like. Most assignments appear to be 13 weeks or several months long.

I am wondering how travel nurses feel about assignments and housing. Even a four week assignment can be a bit yuck if you don't like where you are living or working. You don't quite know until you get there and it is a bit late to change your mind.

I have looked at quite a few web sites on different travel nursing agencies. They all seem to be quite competitive, offering about the same thing. Do you get more appealing opportunities registering with more than one agency? Can you choose different assignments, from different agencies and still have health insurance, which is a big deal to me?

Opinions from travel nurses much appreciated!!

silverarabs

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:13 am
register and pick your assignment
yes, I am registered with several agencies. I look at different assignments and get the best deal for the area I want to go to next. If you are gonna travel, you need to have the right frame of mind for doing this kind of committment. I have heard other travelers say, "we only go for 8 weeks at a time" , that's long enough! and yet, I feel I have just got into the groove of the new place by 3 weeks, and then only am there for 5 more??? Well, often they will ask you to stay on and offer an extension, and sometimes that means more money per hour. But, the 13 week assignments sometimes will carry a higher hourly wage, too, Good Luck!! I am with Dakota Med Temps; Shawna is my recruiter. It's personable and a smaller company, but they do have assignments all over the country. Again, good luck!! Kathy

kes1kitty

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 08:43 am
Razz I agree with the previous gal. I have been doing traveling for sometime after burning out in just one place for sooo long. It's fun !! Whats more is that you get to meet some great nurse sisters and brothers. I bring my husband and my 2 cats with me. We just finished a 13 weeks in Los Angeles at the Motion Picture and TV Hosp. Met some stars and took in the sites at Malabu Beach, Montere Beach, Long Beach, not to mention San Francisco and taking in the sites going out to Ca. from Fl. It was great and I'm ready to do it again.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Should I register with more than one travel agency?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 07:41:43