What's the deal with Nightingale?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » What's the deal with Nightingale?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 05:32 am
What's the deal with Nightingale?
I have looked at Nightingale's web site. It looks like they offer what other travel agencies do. I have been advised to avoid this company and read negative things on several nursing sites. What is the problem with this company?

RonEvens

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 10:34 pm
I had to sue them to get my final paycheck, completion bonus and travel pay. Not sure what anyone else has had to put up with them, but sure turned me sour against them. They also changed my recruiter mid contract. So if you are in for an adventure go ahead and work for them. But I have talked to others that have worked for them and they have had problems too

Wildflower63 1

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 11:15 am
You had to sue to get your paycheck? Ouch!! I have heard to avoid them, but not why.

LGLee2

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 07:57 pm
THEY COST ME $5000 AFTER WORKING FOR THEM FOR A WEEK AND 1/2. THEY DO NOT BACK UP THEIR NURSES AND STEAL FROM US. THEY HAD THE NERVE TO SAY I OWED THEM MONEY!!! I KNOW FIRST HAND Exclamation

nadia56

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 02:58 pm
I have completed 3 contracts with nightingale and had no problems. The pay is not as fabulous as other companys. My recruiter has always come through for me while another company has been taking their sweet time in finding me a job. My recruiter even made sure that I got to keep my housing for 2 weeks while I went on vacation between assignments.

EpsteinLaRue

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 11:07 pm
Nigtengale
They are a very dishonest company... I wouldn't work for them for love nor money!!!

BriRN

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2007 05:51 am
I did my first travel assignmnet with nightingale and they were wonderful to me. The pay was alittle lower but the housing was great. Never had any trouble with my pay or getting my check. My recruiter was awesome and there for me no matter what I needed. I would travel with them again.

mrt76

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 10:02 am
Worked with Nightingale for 1 1/2 yrs
I have worked for Nightingale for 1 1/2 yrs now, and havent had any problems. Now I will admit one of my biggest pet peeves is the fact that I almost always have to wait for my recruiter to call me back, it is rare that she anwsers when I call. I am not a needy nurse, but when I call I have an issue that needs to be resolved. I think thier pay is great, atleast in comparison with the big companies. I would have made about 500/mo less at this same job with preferred or american mobile.

sillysal69

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 09:25 pm
If they are that great BriRN why are you not still traveling with them? I also have heard many negative things about them but have not experienced them myself.

MrB1176

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 03:43 pm
You Work For Them
I had worked for Nightingale for over a year with no proplems, that was untill I had problems on a contract concerning my agreement and patient safety. Their directer of nursing called me and and wasnt to hear of anything I had to say despite the conditions I described she insisted that no matter how many patients I had my liscense was never at risk and that I should just finish my contract and if I quite threatend me that I would owe them alot of money!

karenoke

Reply Sat 3 May, 2008 09:41 am
Re: You Work For Them
MrB1176 wrote:
I had worked for Nightingale for over a year with no proplems, that was untill I had problems on a contract concerning my agreement and patient safety. Their directer of nursing called me and and wasnt to hear of anything I had to say despite the conditions I described she insisted that no matter how many patients I had my liscense was never at risk and that I should just finish my contract and if I quite threatend me that I would owe them alot of money!

i am having the same issue right now! the DON said the SAME EXACT THING to me. my issue was just posted today. she got on the phone and already knew her position before hearing my concerns.

how did you end it?

MrB1176

Reply Sun 4 May, 2008 03:07 pm
How it ended
Well I bit my tongue the rest of the assignment, Kept very good records of all my assignments as well as all the other incidents in the unit and left the company as soon as my assignment was up.

karenoke

Reply Sun 4 May, 2008 08:06 pm
what is the deal with nightingale?
i was told by the DON that if i called out i would owe$10 for every hour i don't work. well, i don't like bullies. i didn't know the computer system for charting. they use it to chart EVERYTHING! they don't use MARs! i was supposed to be trained over 3 days of orientation but wasn't. i was expected to take an assignment today. i told the DON that i wasnt prepared and that it was a safety issue for both my patients and myself. she told me to wing it and "maybe the other nurses will help you". there were already 4 other orientees on the schedule. my preceptors for the past 2 days didn't have time for me. i wasn't comfortable with that and said i would not be going back.

she said they needed to try to arrange further training. i said FINE, but i'm not taking an assignment until i have the training, but she refused.

now i'm holding my breath. the ANA code of ethics states that nurses are responsible if they accept an assignment and shouldn't do so if they deem it unsafe. i hope that's enough to get me out of this.

stellar 1

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 11:01 pm
Yes, I have heard bad things about them. A friend traveled with them and had to fight for every paycheck through her first (and last) assignment.

rmiller0410

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 06:57 am
I used them
My friend and I took a job with them once. We are both LPN's. They sent us money upfront to get us to Cali from Ohio. Our apt. was very nice, but only one bedroom with twin beds. We got our pay every week. The only problem we had was they changed 0ur recruiter in the middle of the assignment. After that assignment was over we went with another company because Nightingale had nothing for LPN's. Well later on I called to see what was available the only thing they had was in a location I did not want to go to. After a few weeks a new recruiter called and said that I broke an oral contract. I never had any sort of contract because I stated that I did not want to go there. So I would say stay away from them.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » What's the deal with Nightingale?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:10:47