3. » travel position at duke

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 04:30 pm
travel position at duke
has anyone been there? and did you like

Roberta Cole

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2005 06:25 am
North Carolina
I have not worked there, but I know friends who have and I have been a patient there. It's very big and I was just a number. It was very impersonal. I don't think that they have time to see you as a person. My friends who worked there told stories of short staffing and that at times it seemed like all travelers or new grads. It's a 'big' teaching hospital. Oh, and you have to pay for parking or park far away and wait for a little bus to the hospital. I wouldn't want to walk or wait on a corner in that part of town. I have also worked at Durham Regional and I liked it. My friend just became their Nurse manager and she is 'great.' Good Luck

NCPEDZRN

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 05:48 pm
I used to work at Duke, in Peds, and loved it. The only reason I left was because I was driving over an hour one way to work, and got into a really bad car accident. After the accident, with all the appointments and such and the traffic, it was no long a do-able situation for me.

Your username indicated that you work NICU. I think any portion of hte peds part of Duke would be a good place to work. The unit I worked on was Peds Heme/Onc and had only 1 new grad, and 2 travel nurses, for a 31 bed unit.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » travel position at duke
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 09:19:38