LPN looking to go onward and upward....travel??

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » LPN looking to go onward and upward....travel??

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Lynn H

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2005 08:36 pm
LPN looking to go onward and upward....travel??
Hello, I just found your site and wish I had sooner. I have been an LPN since 91, did 4 years orthopedics/medsurg then pediatric homecare since. I had a great job making great $ but recently they took all my holidays, 3/4 of my vacation and all my sick time. My only recourse seems to be to go back to school on their dime. I am wondering if anyone would recommend bsn or diploma program. I'm not looking at management jobs, in fact I would prefer to possibly travel.

In the meantime, do travel agencies hire LPN's?

surfgirl

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 10:52 am
Lynn I would look into working with another travel agency, nurses are in high demand and there are agencies out there who will give you what your looking for. I work with access nurses and they are great. They provide competitive pay, housing, and hire LPN's. Do yourselve a favor and find something better Exclamation

Lynn H

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 06:37 am
Thank you Surfgirl!
I have kids so I dont know if I would be able to travel at this moment but i'd like to eventually. I checked out Access tho and saw alot of positions in my state. Do you think they could keep me working close to home??

surfgirl

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 10:10 am
Yeah I don't see why they couldn't get you a job where you allready are. It would be good to have a relationship established so when your ready to travel you can get started right away. Good Luck!

Lynn H

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 02:38 am
Well I did contact access
and did an online application. They never bothered to contact me at all.

surfgirl

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 10:45 am
I would be happy to talk to my recruiter for you if you want to let me know what you registered as.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » LPN looking to go onward and upward....travel??
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:04:37