1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » 4 week assignments anywhere

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

kellyd

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 03:46 pm
4 week assignments anywhere
Hi there
Canadian RN HBScN worked in ICU many years looking to start travelling with a 4 week assignment to start. Have my NCLEX and Minnesota license. Waiting on Visa Screen, all info in. What companies offer 4 week assignments and are they ok? looking to escape cold and snow--hopefully Arizona, California or Florida
Debbie

kellyd

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 09:54 am
4 week travel assignments
hi there obrn5
thanks for your reply, I would like to get more info from you. cannot post a private message to you. where are you working now? did you bring a spouse or significant other with you? I would like to bring my husband. what is the housing like? furnished? do I have to supply linen, kitchen items etc? I've heard that some companies provide vehicles also? how many hours are you committed to per week ? any malpractice insurance? so many questions, so little time.
thanks again
kellyd

Honey 1

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 12:06 pm
I just got an email from accessnurses.com promoting 3-4 week assignments you might want to contact one of their recruiters for more info. I know they will help you out with housing and some of your utilities. Not so sure about the vehicle. I believe they have quite a few opportunities in Ca and Az.

kellyd

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 08:31 pm
4 week assigments
Honey wrote:
I just got an email from accessnurses.com promoting 3-4 week assignments you might want to contact one of their recruiters for more info. I know they will help you out with housing and some of your utilities. Not so sure about the vehicle. I believe they have quite a few opportunities in Ca and Az.

Hi Honey
I have spoken with Access nurses with regards to their 4 week assignments. They work it so that you have to do 4-6 shifts per week at various hospitals within a 30 minute radius of your home. Sounds to me like a per diem placement but I guess if you want to make money, it's one way to go. Don't know what I think of that, as I haven't travelled anywhere but have a few questions, like orientation, even for 1 shift? doesn't sound like it to me. maybe I'm wrong and should check into it.
kellyd

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » 4 week assignments anywhere
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 03:22:05