Did you become a nurse in order to travel?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Did you become a nurse in order to travel?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

km 1

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 02:08 pm
Did you become a nurse in order to travel?
I am always interested to find out why one pursues a career in nursing. I for one love interacting with the people and ultimately making them better. But being a travel nurse is a great way to get to see our country and wonder how many people became a nurse in order to travel. Believe me I don't blame you I would be doing it if I wasn't ready to settle down and start a family.

Maxine 1

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 06:11 pm
If you happen to be one of those nurses more power to you! I mean why not get paid to move, be put up in a nice place and make money. Besides nurses are in such need agencies are going to go out of their way to book them. Travel nursing is definently the career to go for right now!

mindy 1

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 12:25 pm
I acutally came from a family of nurses, my mother and grandmother both were. But neither one of them every traveled. They started families young which made it harder for them to pick up and leave. So I decided to follow in their footsteps but as a travel nurse. This is really the only way I could have ever seen as much of our country as I have. But it was not the sole reason to pursue a career in nursing. I believe you have to be called to be a nurse. There's a passion that is needed in order to enjoy the job, and anyone who tries it just to travel won't make it.

alaska101

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 09:10 pm
Re: Did you become a nurse in order to travel?
km wrote:
I am always interested to find out why one pursues a career in nursing. I for one love interacting with the people and ultimately making them better. But being a travel nurse is a great way to get to see our country and wonder how many people became a nurse in order to travel. Believe me I don't blame you I would be doing it if I wasn't ready to settle down and start a family.
NO I DID'NT, BUT TRAVEL NURSING IS THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD!! FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS WE HAVE LIVED COAST TO COAST IN PLACES THAT WE WOULD OTHERWISE NOT BE, BECAUSE OF THE COST, SURE YOU GIVE UP SOME THINGS,THE BIG ONE IS MISSING FAMILY, BUT WE GO SEE THEM EVERY 3 TO 6 MONTHS AND VISIT FOR A COUPLE WEEKS AND THEN WE ARE BACK ON THE ROAD,WITH MOST EXPENCES PAID BY THE TRAVEL COMPANY, THEN WE WRITE OF THE REST. WHAT A TAX BENNY TOO!! WE HAVE BEEN WRITTING ABOUT ARE EXPERIANCE WITH THIS FOR OVER 4 YEARS, A BOOK IN PROGRESS. SURE YOU HAVE YOUR UP'S AND DOWN'S, BUT WHO DOESN'T, AND BESIDES IF YOUR GONNA BE DOWN, IT'S A WHOLE LOT BETTER TO BE DOWN ON THE BEACH IN HAWAII, THAN BACK IN KANSAS Crying or Very sad TRY WALKING ACROSS THE GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE IN SAN-FRAN IT WILL PICK ANYONE UP OR WATCHING THE NORTHAN LIGHTS IN ALASKA. LIFE SURE IS SWEET/ GOOD Very Happy

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Did you become a nurse in order to travel?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.15 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 09:21:46