Traveling with kids

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Traveling with kids

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 09:20 am
Traveling with kids
I just got an email advertising a travel position somewhere I'd really like to go (and would make a ton of money). I'm wondering if anyone travels with their kids, or while kids are home (during school.) Is travel nursing just for those without kids?

surfgirl

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:28 am
I don't personally have kids but I would definently take the assignment. Depending on how old the kids are you could have a babysitter or put them in daycare. If it's something they don't end of liking at least it's only for 13 weeks. If you want this experience there is way to work everything out. Good Luck!

obrn5

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 05:24 pm
Hi

I have three kids and I travel nurse sometimes they come with me like in the summer sometimes they are home with my husband and fly in for a week or so while I am on assignment. This year I think that we willbe homeschooling and travelling as a family. Alot of people travel with kids and bring a nanny or find care near their assignment

evajadyn

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 02:15 am
I travel with my BABIES
Hello, I am a travel nurse in CA all the way from Florida. I travel with my NAVY retired husband who stays at home with our 3 year old and our 1 year old. It is very possible with the right planning.

freeasabird

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 03:32 pm
I am planning on traveling this August to pay off student loans. I'm taking my 10 year old and my mom has offered to come along to help otherwise I was planning on finding daycare. If you search online there is a 4c in every state they have names and addresses of licensed daycare providers. Its just a little more research on your part but its do able.

freeasabird

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 03:34 pm
Oh! And I left out the best part we are going in an RV. Woo hoo!

jb99

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 08:51 pm
Good luck! I am a single mom to two kids, and I plan on hiring a nanny for the days I work. I think it can be done with careful planning.

morekeys

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 06:16 pm
traveling with kids
I travel with my 3 yr old. It is fun, she is seeing more than you would imagine at her age. I have had no problems. You just need to make arrangements before you get there or make sure your recruiter knows to put you up in time to find a place to put your child before work unless you have a wife or husband that will stay home with them for a while.
But traveling with the kids are WONDERFUL. Go for it!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Traveling with kids
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/27/2024 at 01:35:16